Tidewater Consortium Cards
Regent University students, faculty and staff are eligible to checkout materials directly from other Tidewater Consortium libraries. To do so, Regent users must first acquire a Tidewater Consortium Card at the Regent University Library Circulation Desk. Students must be currently registered and in good standing.
The Reciprocal Library Borrowing Program applies to students, faculty, and staff of all participating consortium institutions.
Libraries of the Tidewater Consortium
The following institutions are full members:
- Christopher Newport University
- College of William & Mary
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Hampton University
- Jefferson Lab (formerly CEBAF)
- Norfolk State University
- Old Dominion University
- Paul D. Camp Community College
- Regent University
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Tidewater Community College -- Chesapeake Campus
- Tidewater Community College -- Norfolk Campus
- Tidewater Community College -- Portsmouth Campus
- Tidewater Community College -- Virginia Beach Campus
- Virginia Wesleyan College
There are two associate member institutions, but their libraries are not open to the public:
- The Armed Forces Staff College
Circulation Policies of Consortium Libraries
The home library determines who is eligible for reciprocal borrowing privileges and issues a consortium borrower's card valid for the current semester. The borrower must show a valid consortium borrower's card at the lending library. The lending library determines whether borrowing privileges will be extended or denied. Library privileges are determined by the policies of the lending library, and vary from library to library. To request specific information, call the lending library first, and identify yourself as a consortium borrower. Most of the libraries follow these general guidelines for VTC borrowers. Exceptions are noted.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student or faculty member at a participating college in the Virginia Tidewater Consortium.
- Must be in good standing with the library of the home institution: name must not appear on the list of VTC delinquent borrowers at the Circulation Desk.
- Must present a currently validated Consortium Borrower's Card as well as a current college I.D., a driver's license, or photo I.D.
- No charge
Checkout Period and Borrowing Limits
- Checkout periods and borrowing limits are posted online for Consortium Card holders and vary from library to library.
- Must pay fines for overdue books and replacement costs for lost books.
- Circulation privileges will be blocked for overdue books and unpaid fines both at the borrowing institution and the home institution.
Please Remember . . .
It is a privilege to borrow materials from member libraries. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the lending libraries, including prompt return of materials and/or payment of charges, will result in sanctions by both the home and lending institutions. In addition, consortium borrowing privileges at all member libraries will be suspended.