IF YOU CANNOT LOG INTO THE NEW EMAIL SYSTEM, REGENT APPS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CONFIRMED YOUR ACCOUNT AT APPS.REGENT.EDU/CONFIRM. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH CONFIRMING YOUR ACCOUNT PLEASE CALL THE HELPDESK AT 757.352.4076.
Regent Apps is a suite of collaboration and communication applications powered by Google that incorporates email, calendar, documents and social networking. This new system will allow students and professors to collaborate in real time using the powerful Google system. It will allow you to manage projects by creating and sharing calendars, collaboratively create and edit documents in Google Docs and video chat with professors and classmates using Google+Hangouts. We are proud to offer such a great suite of collaborative tools to the Regent community and hope that it provides an easier way to work together.
To get started with Regent Apps please make sure to read the entirety of this page to make your transition as smooth as possible.
A few things you should know before using your new email account:
1. You will be given a new email address which will be formatted as follows: email@example.com. Your old email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) will still be active until May 2013 but emails will be forwarded to your new Regent Apps email account (email@example.com).
2. You will need to forward any emails that you need from your old email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your new email account (email@example.com) manually after migrating to Regent Apps. No emails will be automatically moved. You can also move emails over by setting up your old firstname.lastname@example.org account as a POP account in your new Regent Apps account. You can do this by following the directions here.
3. Clicking on the "Mail" link in the MyRegent Portal will take you to your old mailbox. To access the new mail box and the new features of Regent Apps you will need to login at apps.regent.edu or click the "Regent Apps" link in the MyRegent Portal.
If you are ready to start using Regent Apps please make sure you have confirmed your account at apps.regent.edu/confirm. Once you have confirmed your account please login at apps.regent.edu. To report issues or suggest improvements please email us at: email@example.com
Here is some information about a few of the features of Regent Apps. There are more features available but we can't list them all here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I set up Regent Apps on my mobile device?
- How do I change my Regent Apps password?
- I don't see an option to create folders. How do I make folders in Gmail?
- How do I forward emails from my @regent.edu account to my new Regent Apps account?
- How do I setup my student email on Outlook or another mail client?
- How do I setup Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook?
- How do I login to Regent Apps and my normal Google Account at the same time?
- I dont know what I am doing, is there training for Regent Apps?
- I have questions about Regent Apps security and privacy?