Enrollment Certifications & In-School Loan Deferments

Attention: Only certifications for past or present enrollment will be issued. Certifications for future terms cannot be issued regardless of registration status for any future term.

Certification of Enrollment Request PDF
By filling out this form, students may have a certification of current enrollment sent to them or a third party.

Loan Deferment forms from your lender may also be mailed or faxed to us for processing at:

Regent University Registrar's Office
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

fax: 757.352.4033

email: registrar@regent.edu

Please plan in advance. Enrollment Certifications & In-School Loan Deferment Forms take 3-5 business days for processing. If your enrollment status or pending graduation date is reflected incorrectly in Genisys, please submit the Graduation Date/Enrollment Time Status Update Request.

Loan Deferment FAQs

What is an In School Loan Deferment?
An 'In School Loan Deferment' is for those students who took out loans in their undergrad or at a previous school and now want to defer (put off) paying those loans back until they are finished with graduate school.

How do I know if I qualify for an In School Loan Deferment?
If you are registered at least half time in a degree-seeking program, you are more than likely eligible for an In School Loan Deferment. The best way to find out is to contact your lender and ask them for their specific requirements.

I have my In School Loan Deferment Request form. Now what?!?
Now that you have your form all you need to do is verify your address, sign it, date it, and turn it into the Registrar's Office. We will verify your status and send it on for you.

What exactly is the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC)?
The National Student Clearinghouse is an organization that Regent University utilizes to report students' status to participating lenders. Regent University electronically files a report of each student's status with the NSC three times per semester. Lenders in turn access the NSC records and update their borrower's information and statuses.

My lender wants a letter from the University, stating that I'm a student, where can I request such a letter?
When the lender requires more than the In School Loan Deferment request form the Registrar's Office is here to help. We have certification of enrollment request forms available in our office, as well as on the Registrar's Office website. Simply fill out the form, turn it in, and the Registrar's staff will have the letter out on your behalf as soon as possible. These letters can be used for a variety of other purposes as well. Some common needs are for insurance purposes or to receive discounts from car dealerships.

This has been great, but I still have other questions, whom can I contact with my more specific needs?
The Registrar's Office is here to help you. Please contact us at 757.352.4094 for more specific questions you may have.