Blackboard Collaborate is a true virtual classroom, where you can share PowerPoints, lecture, allow students to ask questions, video conference, take polls, and interact as a class or in small groups. Sessions can be archived for future viewing and reviewed by students. We recommend using Collaborate for synchronous, virtual classroom sessions, group work, and office hours.
- Placing a Bb Collaborate Link in the Course Main Menu (recording, 3 min | PDF)
- Creating a Bb Collaborate Session (recording, 4 min | PDF)
- Getting Started for Moderators (PDF)
- Loading PowerPoint File (PDF)
- Audio Setup Wizard (PDF)
- Using the Whiteboard (PDF | recording, 5 min)
- Introduction to the Participants Panel (PDF)
- Using the Audio & Video Panel (PDF)
- Using Chat (PDF)
- Orientation for Moderators (recording, 11 min)
- Get hands-on, face-to-face training from our Collaborate experts! To see the next training opportunity and to register, visit RTS.
- Collaborate Essentials PowerPoint presentation
- Visit Blackboard's On Demand Learning Center and scroll to "FREE ONLINE TRAINING"
- Click “Sign Up Now”
- Next to “Blackboard Collaborate: Getting Started” click on “Add to Cart”
- The course will appear on the left under “My Courses.” The $0.00 shows this course is offered for free.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- Most likely you will need to create a new account (your Regent account will not work). Go ahead and do so where it says “Click Here to create a new account.”
- Complete the account registration.
- Click “yes” to agree to legal terms and hit “submit.”
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- Go to https://training.blackboard.com and sign in (with your new username and password) to access the course.
- Collaborate Essentials PowerPoint slides (PDF)
- Using the Polling Feature Wizard (PDF)
- Using Application Sharing (PDF | recording, 3.50 min)
- Using Web Tour (PDF | recording, 2.37 min)
- Using Telephony (PDF)
- Getting Started with Recordings (PDF)
- Moderator's Guide (online or PDF)
- Top Ten Habits of Highly Effective Moderators (PDF)
- Putting it All Together Workbook (PDF)
- Beyond the Basics Manual (PDF)
Call CTL for additional help or information at x4494