Tuition Installment Plan
|Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Summer 2015|
Sept 3rd, Oct 2nd, Nov 4th, Dec 2nd
Feb 2nd, Mar 2nd, Apr 2nd
*** ATTENTION ***
Spring 2015 installments will be divided into THREE equal payments
|May 20th, June 2nd, July 2nd|
What is Tip?
The Tuition Installment Plan is an interest-free payment plan designed to assist students in budgeting tuition and housing costs on a monthly basis per semester.
How does it work?
The installment plan calculates the total of tuition, fees, and housing charges less any financial aid awarded, and divides the total into equal payments over the semester. The number of installments for 2015 are 3 for Spring, 3 for Summer, and 4 for Fall.
Upon enrollment in TIP, the student's account will be charged a non-refundable $45 enrollment fee, which is due along with the first installment by the scheduled due date.
Students are responsible for paying each installment on or before the scheduled installment deadlines. A $25 late payment fee will be assessed for each overdue installment. Payments can be made by cash or check in the Business Office, or by check or credit card online through Genisys. Payments made by mail must be received, not postmarked, by the due date in order to avoid late fee penalties.
Who can participate in TIP?
Students registered for the current term, whose previous balances have been paid in full, may utilize TIP as a payment option for the current semester.
A student whose financial aid is currently available to cover the total amount of tuition and fees may not elect to participate in the TIP.
Is there a deadline to enroll?
Online enrollment through Genisys will be available for the current term approximately 30 days prior to the first day of class, and will remain open until the end of the 100% drop/add period.
A $100 late payment fee will be assessed to the student's account if enrollment in TIP is not completed by the semester payment deadline.
How do I enroll?
Note: Enrollment in TIP is on a per semester basis. TIP does not automatically renew. Students need to enroll each semester that they wish to participate.
To enroll in the Tuition Installment Plan:
- Make sure you are registered for classes for the current term.
- Login to MyRegent Portal and open your Genisys account.
- Click on the Tuition & Student Fees Online Payment tab, then the Tuition and Fees Installment Plan Enrollment link.
- Review the installment plan information click Submit at the bottom of the page.
What if there are changes to my account balance?
If additional charges, excluding late fees, are assessed to the student account after TIP is initially set up, the plan will recalculate to spread the new charges evenly over the remaining open installments. Late fees must be paid in full immediately.
After TIP has been initialized, the installment payments will not automatically recalculate when new credits are applied to the student account. It is consequently the student's responsibility to review the Account Summary By Term section in Genisys in order to calculate the reduced amount due for the current installment.
If a student elects to participate in TIP and is subsequently granted financial aid, the aid will be applied to the tuition and fees currently owed, reducing the remaining installment amounts. If the total aid received is greater than the total balance due, the tuition installment plan will be canceled, and any remaining credit will be refunded to the student.
What happens if I make a partial or late payment?
- If the 1st installment is not paid in full by close of business on the deadline or is returned by the student's financial institution, the student will be dropped from classes for non-payment.
- If an installment is returned by the student's financial institution, a $30 returned payment fee will be assessed to the student's account. The full installment amount plus the $30 fee is due within 5 days of notification of the returned item. The student's account will be placed on financial hold, precluding future registration or release of grades until the account is current.
- A $25 late payment fee will be assessed to the student's account for each past due installment; inclusive of partial payments. The full amount of the installment plus the $25 late fee will be due immediately.
- A student who fails to make full payment before the end of the semester will not be allowed to register for future semesters nor receive grades until the delinquent amount is paid in full.