Accreditation & Memberships/Licensing
Regent University (its undergraduate school and graduate schools) is accredited or licensed by, or a member of, the following bodies:
- Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University.
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) www.chea.org
- The American Bar Association (ABA) fully approves the School of Law. The Council of the Section of Legal Accreditation and Admissions to the Bar, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60654, 312.988.6738. www.abanet.org
- The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Eduction Accreditation (CHEA), has accredited until 2016 the following programs in the School of Psychology & Counseling: Master of Arts in Community Counseling, Master of Arts in School Counseling, Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts in School Counseling (online), and PhD in Counselor Education & Supervision. 5999 Stevenson Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304. www.cacrep.org
- The Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association (APA), accredits the doctoral program in clinical psychology of the School of Psychology & Counseling. Phone: 202.336.5979, Website: www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/ , Mailing Address: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242.
- The Teacher Education Accreditation Council accredits the School of Education's educational leadership and teacher preparation programs and the College of Arts & Sciences interdisciplinary studies program, which are designed to prepare competent, caring, and qualified professional educators, for a period of seven years, from January 9, 2009 to January 9, 2016. This accreditation certifies that the educational leadership, teacher preparation and interdisciplinary studies programs have provided evidence that they adhere to TEAC's quality principles. Teacher Educational Accreditation Council, One Dupont Circle, Suite 320, Washington, DC, 20036, Phone: 202.466.7236. www.teac.org
- The following business program at Regent University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP): Master of Business Administration. www.acbsp.org
- The Academy of Strategic and Entrepreneurial Leadership accredits the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, Master of Arts in Strategic Foresight, Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership and the Doctor of Strategic Leadership bestowed by the School of Business & Leadership. Mailing Address: PO Box 670, Candler, NC 28715. ASELaccreditation.org
- The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) accredits the School of Divinity, and the following degree programs are approved: MDiv, MA in Practical Theology, MTS, DMin, PhD. Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program. The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, 10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275, Phone: 412.788.6505. www.ats.edu
- Regent University's Robertson School of Government is a member of the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA). www.naspaa.org
- Regent University is authorized to operate in the state of Virginia and is exempt from the requirements of certification provided by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). www.schev.edu