Math Tutoring Center
Math Tutoring Schedule
The Math Tutoring Center will be open limited hours during Sessions E and F in order to assist students, both online and on-campus, enrolled in MATH 101, MATH 102, and MATH 201. The following schedule is in effect for May 6 to August 8, but we reserve the right to announce small adjustments in the schedule.Please read the instructions below the schedule for how to make an appointment and receive tutoring.
If assistance is needed at times not listed in the schedule, the following suggestions are offered:
- Contact your instructor.
- Utilize the Smarthinking online tutoring service at no cost (see below).
- View videos related to the topic in question at KhanAcademy.org.
- Email your question to the Regent Math Tutoring Center at email@example.com.In the Subject line of the message, indicate the course in which you are enrolled and the manner in which you will contact the center.We will do our best to reply within 12 hours, although special circumstances, including weekends and holidays, may necessitate a longer response time.
How Math Tutoring Works
Students enrolled in MATH 101, MATH 102, and MATH 201 at Regent University may obtain tutoring assistance for these classes in the Math Tutoring Center. The Math Tutoring Center is located on the 3rd floor of the Classroom Building in CRB 324.
Students may obtain assistance during the posted hours by:
- visiting the tutoring center;
- phoning the center, (757) 352-4641;
- establishing a Skype connection with regent_mathtutor (after an initial phone call); or
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is recommended that students make a reservation by email (email@example.com) for a half-hour tutoring session, after consulting the schedule (above) for "open" times. Students will receive an email message either confirming the reservation or offering suggestions for time slots that are not reserved. Students may also be served on a "drop-in" basis (by phone, email, or visit to CRB 324) provided the half-hour time slot is not already reserved. After a student has received one half-hour of tutoring, they may receive an additional half-hour of tutoring provided the next time slot is unreserved and no "drop-in" students are waiting for assistance. Each student is limited to one hour of tutoring services per day.
Math tutoring assistance is also available at any time via the Smarthinking link under Course Tools in the Blackboard materials for these courses. You are encouraged to take advantage of this service as well.