Please read the following information carefully before accessing Add/Drop (Withdrawal) forms below.
- Refer to the Course Schedule or Genisys for exact course you wish to Add.
- Please fill out the Online Add a Course form (linked below).
- Important: Please note when and how you received permission to enroll in the course in the "Questions or Comments" section of the Online form.
- Please note that this Calendar is separate from the Graduate School Calendar.
- Make payment arrangements for the added course with the Business Office.
- Purchase your books as quickly as possible as not to fall behind on the coursework.
Impact on Financial Aid/Payment
- Students who wish to add courses may have to "Pre-pay" for any added classes. This means you will be prohibited from registering for a course once the semester starts until you pay for the course in advance.
- You will want to make payment arrangements regarding your added cours(es). You can do so either by:
- Making payments online through Genisys
- Establishing Tuition Installment Plan (TIP). This service enables you to pay for your courses through set installments over the course of the semester. There is a small fee applied to this service and is made available through the Business Office (1-877-386-9525).
- You may want to contact your financial aid counselor in the Central Financial Aid Office (757-352-4125) to further discuss any ramifications to your financial aid package.
Upon receipt of your Online Add a Course form your Advisor will process your request. Once this form is received it will be forwarded it to the Registrar's Office for final action. Your account balance will reflect any monetary change once the Registrar has been able to process the paperwork. This process may take up to 3-5 business days.
Students who have not attended or logged into a class, will, at the end of the second week of the session/semester—in accordance with university practice—be assumed to have unofficially dropped and will be administratively dropped from that class.
- To Drop course(s) prior to or at the start of a semester or session.
- To Withdraw from all classes during the course of a semester.