Secure Your Spot
"It's so fun! I actually learned a lot and it made me more interested in government-related topics. I might consider a government job after college if the right opportunity presented itself. The "Top Secret" t-shirts were great, I wore mine to school."
"They key for us was that Regent had developed something so comprehensive. You'd never know it was their first camp- they've been able to do so many things. Kids are capable of grasping these concepts. The more exposure they can receive, the more they'll be prepared to formulate a better understanding of how they can fit in with an occupation."
Parent of the participant
Regent University's Summer Government Camp
for High School Students
National security & counter-terrorism
July 15-19, 2013
Hello and welcome to the Regent University Government Summer Camp website. By reaching this point in cyberspace, you have opened an exciting door that may lead you to one of your most intriguing summers! Let me tell you how.
Our Government Camp gives you the opportunity to see, sense, and be part of what is normally off limits to civilians. At this invigorating 5-day event you will have access to high-level military, political, and corporate installations and interact with top military, political, academic, and corporate leaders in the national security and counter-terrorism world.
Each morning campers attend dynamic presentations focusing on national security, the intelligence community, terrorism and counter-terrorism, and law enforcement. Camp afternoons are devoted to field trips to high-level military installations, security contractors, and command control centers that provide campers with a "hands-on" experience of the national security and intelligence community. This powerful combination of stimulating presentations and cutting-edge field trips makes our Government Camp a one-of-a-kind summer experience.
So, if you're interested in spending part of your summer as a matter of national security, Regent University's Government Camp is the place for you. Join us for an awesome experience. Check out the rest of the website, and I look forward to seeing you July 15-19, 2013.
- Hands-on learning experiences
- Access to exciting, normally classified-to-the-public access areas
- Interactions with national academic and professional experts in fields such as law enforcement, counter-terrorism and military intelligence
- Exposure to the growing opportunities for employment and service in the security and intelligence sector
Field Trips Have Included
- Old Dominion University's Vision Lab - Norfolk, VA. Campers will experience the most current research in the field of computer-based facial recognition systems, for anti-terrorism use in U.S. ports.
- Xe (formerly Blackwater Worldwide Training Center) - Moyock, NC. Campers will be granted behind-the-scenes access to normally classified locations for this private military company
- U.S. Coast Guard Station - Portsmouth, VA. Campers will learn about security issues for one of the East Coast's busiest commercial ports
- Langley Air Force Base - Hampton, VA. Campers will take an up-close look at the latest fighter aircraft, the F-22 Raptor and learn about security initiatives and pilot training.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Training & Evaluation Unit, Virginia Beach, VA – Campers will experience and view some of the latest techniques for explosive identification and disposal.