- J.D., Regent University School of Law.
- M.P.A., University of Southern California.
- B.A., cum laude, Kansas University.
- Professor, Regent University School of Law,
- Associate, Hunton & Williams, VA, 1989-94.
- Admitted: Virginia, District of Columbia.
- Member of the Virginia and District of Columbia Bars.
- Member, Section on Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law, American Bar Association.
- Member, Environmental Law Section, Section on Education of Lawyers, and Joint ADR Committee, Virginia Bar Association.
- Chairman, Environment, Natural Resources & Energy Law Section, Virginia Bar Association (2009-Present). Served as Council Member, 2006-2007 and as Vice-Chair, 2007-2009.
- Member, Virginia Bar Association, Law School/Administrative Law Committee (2009-Present).
- Member, Board of Directors, Institute for Reformation (2008-Present).
- Editor, Education & Practice , bi-annual newsletter of the Section on Education of Lawyers, Virginia State Bar (2000-2004).
- Administrator, James Kent Chapter, American Inn of Court (1995-1999).
Books and Monographs
RCRA/CERCLA Enforcement Issues Outline, CHEMICAL WASTE LITIGATION REPORTER (co-author and co-editor) (rev. 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010).
Prayer in the Public Schools (classroom edition for Restoring Civic Virtues Conference, Regent University) (1995).
Federal Environmental Rule Making (classroom edition for Environmental Regulation Course, Executive Enterprises, Inc.) (1992).
ENVIRONMENTAL LAW PRACTICE GUIDE, Chapter 89, Virginia Environmental Law, Matthew Bender (with Ledbetter, Matchett & Jordanger) (1992, rev. 1996).
Parental Rights and Public School Curricula: Revisiting Mozert After 20 Years, 38 J. LAW & EDUC. 83 (2009).
"Learning" Like Lawyers: Addressing the Differences in Law Student Learning Styles, 2006 B.Y.U. EDUC. & L. J. 499 (co-authored with Kathleen A. McKee).
Sex Education in the Public Schools and the Accommodation of Familial Rights, 26 CHILDREN'S LEGAL RTS. J. 21 (2006).
The Application of Strict Criminal Liability to Maritime Oil Pollution Incidents: Is There OPA for the Accidental Spiller? 50 LOY. L. REV. 827 (2005).
State Regulation of Nonpublic Schools: Does the Tie Still Bind? 2003 B.Y.U. EDUC. & L. J. 363.
Raiders of the Lost ARCO: Resolving the Partial Settlement Credit Issue in Private Cost Recovery and Contribution Claims under CERCLA, 8 N.Y.U. ENVTL. L. J. 332 (2000).
"Environmental Law", in Annual Update of Virginia Law, 34 U. RICH. L. REV. 799 (2000).
Presentations and Conference Sessions Chaired
Faith at the Schoolhouse Gate: Analyzing Religious Speech in Public Schools, panel presentation at the Association of American Law Schools Annual Conference, New York, NY (January 4, 2008).
Renewing Our Commitment to Student Learning: Research Based Approaches to Impacting Learner Outcomes Through the Use of a Learning Style Construct, roundtable discussion at the Annual Meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges New Orleans, LA (December 10, 2007).
Law Student Learning Styles (panel presentation at the Summer 2007 Institute for Law School Teaching, Boston Mass.) (June 9, 2007).
Clash of the Titans: Sex, Religion and Morality in America's Schools (panel presentation at the Association of American Law Schools Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.) (Jan. 6, 2006).
International Negotiation Principles and Skills (international business development seminar, taught concurrently at the National University of Mongola School of Law and the Rule of Law Institute of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia) (Aug. 15-19, 2005).
The Continuing Influence of Brown v. Board of Education (Panel Presentation on Brown v. Board of Education and its effect on special education, sponsored jointly by the Regent University Schools of Education and Law) (October 2 2004).
OPA '90 and Strict Liability, Criminal Penalties for Ordinary Negligence (panel presentation sponsored by the Old Dominion University International Maritime, Ports & Logistics Management Institute and the Maritime Law & International Trade Society, Regent University School of Law) (April 6, 2001).
Prayer in the Public Schools (CLE presentation sponsored jointly by Regent University School of Law and the American Center for Law & Justice) (Sept. 23, 1995).
Federal Environmental Rule Making (CLE presentation sponsored by Executive Enterprises, Inc.) (March 22, 1992).