Academic Expectations, Probation & Dismissal
RSG students are expected to maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA, determined at the end of each term, for courses taken at Regent University.
When a student's cumulative GPA falls below 3.00, the student shall be placed on academic probation for the next term of enrollment of substandard GPA.
Student's placed on academic probation should note the following:
- Students on academic probation should consult with their advisors to improve their academic performance.
- Academic probation status is recorded in the student's academic record.
- When a student is placed on probation, the dean shall notify the student in writing of any specific instructions for improving academic performance.
- A student on probation will not be allowed to register for the subsequent term until grades for the probationary period have been received and reviewed.
- A student will be removed from academic probation when the cumulative GPA is 3.00 or above.
- A student on probation has one term (the probationary period) to bring the low cumulative GPA back to the acceptable 3.00.
- Students who do not meet this standard shall be subject to dismissal, and the student will receive written notification from RSG's dean.
Petitioning for Reinstatement
- Students who have been dismissed may petition for reinstatement after one academic year, unless other criteria for possible reinstatement were contained in the dismissal letter.
- All petitions for reinstatement will be considered on an individual basis.
- Reinstatement will be granted only if the student demonstrates a strong likelihood of possessing motivation and capacity to complete the academic requirements successfully.
- RSG's dean shall notify the student in writing of the school's decision regarding reinstatement.
- Students who are reinstated shall be required to comply with any conditions set forth in the letter of reinstatement.
- RSG sends a copy of the reinstatement form and all letters regarding academic status to the Registrar's Office to be placed in the student's university file.