RSG awards an academic degree or diploma to students who are in good standing upon the satisfactory completion of all degree requirements, as listed in the University Catalog for the year during which the student first enrolled.
A student may petition the dean to use a subsequent Catalog.
It is important to not register for courses in a semester subsequent to the anticipated graduation date.
- Fall graduation: September 15
- Spring and Summer graduation: December 1
The Registrar's Office obtains approval of the Graduation Application from each student's dean and advisor. If approval is denied, students must file another Application in a subsequent semester.
The Registrar's Office issues diplomas and posts degrees on transcripts only when the registrar and RSG's dean have certified that all graduation requirements have been met, including the following:
- Satisfactory completion of all degree requirements, as specified in the University Catalog within five years from the date of the student's initial enrollment. (Time extensions are granted for good cause and with approval of the student's advisor and the RSG dean.)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Payment of graduation and certificate fees (joint degree applicants pay two fees) and all University financial obligations, including housing.
- Students on academic or disciplinary probation will not be allowed to graduate.
- Regent University holds an annual commencement at the end of the spring semester.
- Students must obtain approval to participate.
- Students approved to graduate in the spring, summer or fall semesters are strongly encouraged to participate in commencement.
- Students unable to attend should notify the Registrar's Office in writing at least one month prior to commencement.
- While RSG students must have completed all graduation requirements prior to participating in commencement, RSG makes an exception if the student meets the following criteria:
- Has no more than two courses remaining for graduation, and these courses will be completed in the summer. (May include an internship)
- Theses must have been successfully defended or approved before the spring cut-off date and all that remain are final edits.(For more information please review the Thesis page).
- Receives certification from the RSG dean that they are eligible to participate in commencement and submit certification to the Registrar's Office by March 1 for final approval.
- Participating in commencement exercises prior to completing all graduation requirements is a privilege and does not guarantee the student's right to graduate unless all requirements have been met.