The list below is a collective list of books written by Robertson School of Government faculty.
- (1992) The Coming Century of Commonism, Policy Books Inc.
- (1986) War Called Peace: A Soviet Strategy for World Domination, National
- (1986) Trading Sovereignty: U.S., Canada, and the GATT (co-author), National
- (1977) Trudeau's Canada: Truth and Consequences, Guardian Publishing Company Limited.
- (1975) Academocracy, Free University Press
- (2009) The Enduring Reagan (editor), University Press of Kentucky
- (2009) The Future of Religion in American Politics (editor), University Press of Kentucky
- (2007) The Future of Conservatism: Conflict and Consensus in the Post-Reagan Era (editor), ISI
- (2006) The Seven Laws of Presidential Leadership, Prentice Hall
- (2003) The Conservative Tradition in America, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- (2003) Faith, Freedom, and the Future: Religion in American Political Culture(editor) Rowman & Littlefield
- (2000) American Government in Comparative Perspective (co-author), 2nd ed., Longman
- (2000) The Scarlet Thread of Scandal: Morality and the American Presidency, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- (1989) Religion in American Politics (editor) Congressional Quarterly Press
- (1987) Constitutional Democracy in America, Scott Foresman
- (1984) American Political Theology (editor), Praeger
- (1982) American Democracy Debated. 2nd ed., Scott Foresman; 1st ed., 1978
- (1975) The Future of the American Presidency, General Learning Press
- (2013) Barring the Door: The Securitization of Propterty Squatting in Western Europe, Routledge.
- (2012) Apocalypse and Post–Politics: The Romance of the End, Lexington Books.
- (2012) "The Princess Diana Effect: Responses to Social Critiques of Unmanned Weapons," Ethics of Drones, a compendium of conference proceedings from the Patuxent Defense Forum
- (2012) Threat Talk: Comparing the Discourse of Internet Addiction and User Protection in China and the United States, Ashgate Publishers.
- (2011) "No Good Choices: Modelling Strategic Interactions between City of Beijing and Shouwang Church Using Game Theoretic Analysis." Chapter in Joel Carpenter, ed., Volume of Essays by participants in Council of Christian Colleges and Universities 2011 Summer Seminar in Beijing.
- (2011) "Tiger Mother Isn't about Parenting. It's about Declining American Exceptionalism." Christian Science Monitor. January 25, 2011.
- (2010) Review of Ann Keller, "Science in Environmental Policymaking: The Politics of Objective Advice." 2010. Global Environmental Politics 10(2).
- (2010) Review of Peter Goodwin Heltzel, "Jesus and Justice: Evangelicals, Race and American Politics." December 2010. Religious Studies Review
- (2010) "From Global Village to Virtual Battlespace: the Colonizing of the Internet and the Extension of Realpolitik." December 2010. international Studies Quarterly
- (2010) "In Praise of Women Who Don't Know Their Place." Chronicle of Higher Education. (July 4, 2010).
- (2010) "Three Certainties in Life: Death, taxes and Protests." Brownsville Herald. (Brownsville, TX: May 2, 2010).
- (2010) "Some Values are Always In."Philadelphia Inquirer. (Philadelphia, PA: February 19, 2010.)
- (2010) "Terrorism is a Symptom, Not a Disease."Buffalo News (Buffalo, NY: January 29, 2010).
- (2010) "Enhanced Security or Harassment: What's the Difference?" Press-Enterprise (Bloomsburg, PA: January 17, 2010). Town Talk (Alexandria, LA: January 14, 2010); Brownsville Gazette (Brownsville, TX: January 21, 2010); Nashville Tennessean (Nashville, TN: January 26, 2010).
- (2009) "Integrating vs. Interrogating Gender: Two Different Approaches to Confronting Masculinist Political Institutions." 2009. Millennium: Journal of International Studies 38 (3).
- (2009) "Russia's Foreign Policy towards the West: Comparing Constructivist and Realist Explanations." 2009. Europe-Asia Studies 43(2).
- (2009) Review of Gregory Treverton, "Intelligence for an Age of Terror." 2009. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Nov - Dec 2009).
- (2009) "Lessons from Europe: Stay Home if you're Sick." Virginian-Pilot (Hampton Roads, VA: November 9, 2009).
- (2009) "Lessons from a Foreclosure." Virginian-Pilot. September 27, 2009. P. B11
- (2008) "Diagnosis, Intervention and Cure: The Illness Narrative on the Discourse of the Failed State." 2008 Alternatives: Global, Local, and International 33(3).
- (2008) The Future of Journalism in the Advanced Democracies by Peter J. Anderson and Geoff Ward (Eds.). 2008. Political Studies Review 6 (1): 130.
- (2008) "International Policing and State Sovereignty: A New Methodological Approach." 2008. International Studies Review 10(3): 652-4.
- (2011) "The Place of Christian Ethics Education in Ukraine," (under review, Journal of Religious Education)
- (2011) "Engaging the Muslim World," Journal of the Middle East and Africa Book Notes January, 2011
- (2011) "Religious Discourse, Threat Perceptions and the Gaza Blockade," in Drawing a Line in the Sea: The Gaza Flotilla Incident and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, Lexington Books, 2011
- (2010) "Letters of Intent, Costly Signals, and Local Peacemaking in the Georgian-Abkhaz Conflict," Peace and Conflict Studies Vol. 17, No. 2, Fall, 2010
- (2010) "Toward a Just Peace after the Georgian Civil War," Journal of Communist Studies and Transition Politics, Vol. 26, September, 2010
- (2009) "Blessed are the Peacemakers: Georgian Orthodox Priests and Reconciliation after the Summer 2008 Civil War," Journal for the Study of Peace and Conflict, 2008-2009
- (2009) "Restoring Georgian Sovereignty, Redux," Foreign Policy Journal, August, 2009
- (2007) "Why it Took So Long: Closing Dangerous Nuclear Reactors in the European Union," Central European Political Science Review, No. 29, Fall, 2007
- (2006) "Political Instability and Nuclear Dangers in Eastern Europe," Journal of Communist Studies and Transition Politics, Vol. 22, No. 2, June, 2006
- (2006) "Rethinking Religion in Presidential Rhetoric" Institute for Global Engagement, Security and Rule of Law, February, 2006
- (2009) The Forgotten Founders on Religions and Public Life, University of Notre Dame Press
- (2009) "Religion and the Presidency of George Washington," (co-author), in Religion and the
American Presidency: George Washington to George W. Bush with Commentary and Primary Sources, Columbia University Press
- (2009) The Political Philosophy of George Washington, John Hopkins University Press
- (2008) "John Witherspoon," in America's Forgotten Founders, The McConnell Center/University of Louisville/Butler Books
- (2008) "The Virtue of Education: The Founders' Vision," in Defending the Republic: Constitutional Morality in a Time of Crisis [Essays in Honor of George W. Carey], ISI Books
- (2005) John Witherspoon and the Founding of the American Republic, University of Notre Dame
- (2004) The Founders on God and Government (editor), Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- (2004) "John Witherspoon's Revolutionary Religion," in The Founders on God and Government (editor), Rowman & Littlefield
- (2012) Ethics Beyond War's End (sole editor, Georgetown University Press, forthcoming 2012).
- (2011) Ending Wars Well: Just War Theory in Post-Conflict (Yale University Press, 2011).
- (2011) Politics in a Religious World: Building a Religiously Informed US Foreign Policy (Continuum
- (2009) Debating the War of Ideas. Co-edited with Major John Gallagher (USA), 2009. Contributors include Akbar Ahmed, Karen Armstrong, Walid Phares, Bassam Tibi, Maajid Nawaz, etc.
- (2008) Christianity and Power Politics Today: Christian Realism and Contemporary Political Dilemmas. Editor, 2008.
- (2007) Just War Thinking: Morality & Pragmatism in the Struggle Against 21st Century Conflicts, 2007.
- (2007) The Future of Pentecostalism in the U.S. Co-edited with Edmund Rybarczyk, 2007.
- (2005) Latin America's New-Reformation: Religion's Influence on Politics, 2005.
- (2004) The Christian Realists: Reassessing the Contribution of Niebuhr and His Contemporaries. Sole Editor, 2004.
- (2001) "A History of the Federal Civil Service from a Values-based Perspective," in R. Maranto & S.
Condrey (editors), Radical Reform of the Civil Service, Lanham
- (1998) "Designing and Conducting Employee Attitude Surveys," in S. E. Condrey (editor), Handbook
of Practical Human Resources Management, Jossey-Bass
- (2012) "Chronic Health Issues and the Public Workplace," (co-authored with Samuel Douglas Drake Slack and Sarah Ashley Slack) in Carolyn Ban and Norma M. Riccucci (editors) Public Personnel Management: Current Concerns, Future Strategies. New York: Longman
- (2011) Abortion, Execution, and the Consequences of Taking Life. Rutgers University, Transaction Publishers. (Second Printing, Paperback)
- (2010) "The Bonhoeffer Dilemma: Confronting Evil with Moral Fact," in (the Indian journal) Social Science Explorer. Co-authored with Steven P. Millies
- (2009) "Barack Obama and the Public Administration of Faith," International Journal of Public Administration
- (2009) "The Founders, Bonhoeffer and Spiritual Faith Guiding Government Decisions" in Special Symposium Issue: "Spiritual Faith and Government Decisions," International Journal of Public Administration.
- (2009) "Religious Expression in the Workplace: The Case of Muslim Sunset Prayer," in Donald C. Menzel (editor) Ethics Moments in Government: Cases and Controversies. New York: Taylor & Francis.
- (2009) Abortion, Execution, and the Consequences of Taking Life. Rutgers University, Transaction Publishers.
- (2007) "Chronic Health Issues: What HR Managers Should Know and Do" in Ronald R. Sims (editor) Human Resource Management: Contemporary Challenges, Issues, and Opportunities. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- (2007) "Public Sector HRM: Minor Similarities and Major Differences," (co-authored with Ronald R. Sims) in Ronald R. Sims (editor) Human Resource Management: Contemporary Challenges, Issues, and Opportunities. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing
- (2006) "Rumors and Confidentiality in the American Public Workplace: The Case of Disabilities." in (the Russian journal) nepsohar-mnkc (Personnel-Mix)
- (2006) "Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and the Constitution: New Challenges Facing Public Human Resource Management," (co-authored with Jack P. DeSario) in Ali Farazmand (editor) Handbook of Strategic Public Personnel/Human Resource Management. Greenwood Press
- (2005) "Chronic Health Challenges and the Public Workplace," in Carolyn Ban and Norma M. Riccucci (editors) Public Personnel Management: Current Concerns, Future Strategies. New York Longman
- (2003) "U.S. Presidents and the Image of the American Public Service," Canadian Review of American Studies co-authored with JuLee A. Pallett and Mark Feeser.
- (2002) "God, Presidents, and Public Administration," Public Integrity.
- (2002) Article Reprint: "From Affirmative Action to Full Spectrum Diversity in the American Workplace: Shifting the Organizational Paradigm," in Peter Kobrak (editor) The Political Environment of Public Management. New York: Longman
- (2002) "Zero-sum Politics, the Herbert Thesis, and the Ryan White CARE Act: Lessons from the Local Side of AIDS," Journal of Health and Human Service Administration
- (2002) "The Americans with Disabilities Act and Reasonable Accommodations: The View From Persons with HIV/AIDS," Policy Studies Journal
- (2001) "Zones of Indifference and the American Workplace: The Case of Persons with HIV/AIDS," Public Administration Quarterly
- (2001) "Public Health and the Public Workplace," in Carolyn Ban and Norma M. Riccucci (editors) Public Personnel Management: Current Concerns, Future Strategies. New York Longman
- (1998) HIV/AIDS and the Public Workplace: Local Government Preparedness in the 1990s. 2nd Edition. The University of Alabama Press. Foreword by Chester Newland.
- (1998) AIDS and the Public Work Force: Local Government Preparedness in Managing the Epidemic. The University of Alabama Press
- (1994) Local Government Information and Training Needs in the 21st Century. Co-authored with Jack P. DeSario and Sue Faerman. Quorum Books.
- (1994) U.S. Educational Groups: Institutional Profiles. Co-authored with Gregory S. Butler. Greenwood Press
- (1991) Managing Local Government: Public Administration In Practice. Coauthor, Richard Bingham, et al. Sage Publications