Educational Leadership Degree, M.Ed.
- Administration & Supervision Endorsement
Online & On-campus Degree Overview
The goal of the Master of Education in Educational Leadership program is to prepare educational leaders with the knowledge, attributes, and performances that promote the success of all students through (1) developing, communicating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating a vision of learning; (2) assuring a culture and instructional program that values teaching and learning; (3) managing a safe and efficient learning environment; (4) ensuring relationships with the broader community to foster learning;(5) having integrity, fairness, and ethics in learning; and (6) participating in the broader political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context of learning. Utilizing strong and experienced faculty that have a background in leadership, our Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) approved program will equip leaders for 21st century schools. The program also leads to an optional add-on Administration and Supervision Endorsement.
Master's in Educational Leadership Highlights
Curriculum: View Course Sequence & Descriptions
Length: 37 credit hours. May be completed in 12 months, not including required internship. While the internship should normally begin after coursework is complete, for existing administrators, it may be completed during coursework with special approval.
Format: Offered entirely online or in a hybrid format combining online and on-campus coursework. Students may begin the program in the fall, spring, or summer semester.
Results: Master of Education degree with optional add-on Administration and Supervision Endorsement.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule | Resources
Features: Through this program students may obtain the Virginia Administration and Supervision K-12 endorsement. All students must meet state requirements for the add-on endorsement. Students interested in becoming principals or assistant principals must take and pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment Test (SLLA). A SLLA preparation course is also offered.
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership will prepare you for leadership positions throughout K-12 education for both the public and private setting. Individuals pursuing the Administration & Supervision endorsement will be prepared for positions as principals, vice principals or central office employees in the public school setting.
Hear from Stakeholders
"I truly credit much of my success to the M.Ed. Educational Leadership program at Regent University. The program was rigorous and meaningful. The ISLLC course was without a doubt one of the most beneficial courses because it actually allowed me to apply the knowledge that I learned in the classroom to make critical decisions prior to real world application—affording me the opportunity to reflect on decisions and correct mistakes. Also, the entire faculty was caring and passionate about teaching and learning. Attending Regent University has allowed me to position myself to be a blessing to others."
"Words cannot express how grateful I am to the professors in the Educational Leadership program. When I took the SLLA in February, I felt very prepared and passed it on my first attempt. You guys are doing an awesome job preparing future administrators. Thanks again!"
"Regent University worked very effectively with Portsmouth Public Schools as we cooperatively offered and completed two Masters in Administration cohort programs. A high percentage of our teachers completing that program are now serving in administrative positions - one is a building principal. The Regent program was flexible, relevant and dynamic. It met the needs of our participants and our school division."
Master's in Educational Leadership graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate and promote the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Evaluate and promote the success of all students by advocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Evaluate and promote the success of all students by ensuring management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Evaluate and promote the success of all students by collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Evaluate and promote the success of all students by acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
- Evaluate and promote the success of all students by understanding, responding to, and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Apply the Virginia Department of Education competencies and skills required for state licensure.
- Exhibit advanced writing skills using APA Format.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.