Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate
The TESOL program is designed for the individual who has a unique desire to work with students and/or adults whose first language is not English. Individuals may or may not be traditional classroom teachers. TESOL Certificate courses emphasize teaching and assessing reading in the content areas, linguistics, intercultural/cross-cultural education, second language acquisition, and assessing student achievement. Individuals pursuing the TESOL certificate may consider positions in both domestic and international settings.
Program Highlights Include:
- Results: TESOL certificate. PreK-12 track also leads to ESL Add-On Endorsement.
- Length: Certificate and/or PreK-12 ESL Endorsement may be completed in 12 months.
- Format: Courses are offered online with interactive coursework and a one-week required summer residency. Some face-to-face courses may be offered at Virginia Beach and/or onsite in the greater Northern Virginia area. Students may begin the program in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- Credit Hours: Certificate / ESL Endorsement, 15 credit hours.
- Features: The certificate offers two tracks: (1) Adult Education/Collegiate Track and (2) PreK-12 ESL Endorsement Track.
- Cost: $200 per credit hour
Speak with an Admissions Counselor: