Certificate of Graduate Studies in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, TESOL (CGS)
The Certificate of Graduate Studies in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, TESOL (CGS) is designed as continuing education for teachers or individuals who have a desire to work with children and/or adults who are learning English as a second or foreign language. Individuals may or may not be traditional classroom teachers. TESOL Certificate courses emphasize teaching and assessing reading in the content areas, linguistics, intercultural/cross-cultural education, second language acquisition and assessing student achievement. Individuals pursuing English language teaching certification may consider positions in both domestic and international settings.
Program Highlights Include:
- Length: Certificate and/or PreK-12 ESL Endorsement may be completed in 12 months.
- Format: Courses are offered online with interactive coursework. Some face-to-face courses may be offered at Virginia Beach. Students may begin the program in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- Credit Hours: Certificate / ESL Endorsement, 15-18 credit hours.
- Features: The certificate offers two tracks: (1) Adult Education/Collegiate Track and (2) PreK-12 ESL Endorsement Track.
- Cost: $200 per credit hour
- Results: Certificate of Graduate Studies in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, TESOL. PreK-12 track also leads to ESL Add-On Endorsement.
Speak with an Admissions Counselor: