Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Leadership
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Leadership and Management was designed to prepare mid to senior level administrators at Christian higher educational institutions for positions of significant administrative leadership, thus, preparing the next generation of Christian leaders on campuses across the nation and internationally. The program focuses on infusing key leadership concepts and knowledge with faith and learning integration, technology, applied Christian ethics and the development of a Christian worldview and administrative philosophy.
Spring & Summer 2015 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June and a four-day residency will be held July 13-16, 2015 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Through online coursework and summer residencies, the Ed.D. in Higher Education Leadership and Management program facilitates the learning styles of adults and provides a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. Undergirding the program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Doctorate in Higher Education Leadership and Management Highlights:
Courses: View Course Sequence and Descriptions
Length: 60 credit hours. May be completed in as little as 3 years.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the spring or summer semesters. Courses are delivered online with some required face-to-face components. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership and Management degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Designed Specifically for CCCU Schools – The program focuses on the specific needs of CCCU schools and allows you to tailor your dissertation to your interests and the needs of your institution. CCCU Faculty – Work with faculty from CCCU schools around the nation. Flexible Course Format – Maintain your current position while you study through online coursework with summer and weekend residencies.
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Leadership and Management equips mid to senior level administrators at Christian higher educational institutions for positions of significant administrative leadership such as institutional executive leaders, department/division directors, and faculty members in higher education programs within faith-based colleges and universities.
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
Ph.D.'s and Ed.D.'s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Doctorate in Higher Education Leadership and Management graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy, and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.