Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) – Educational Psychology
- Alan A. Arroyo, Faculty Advisor
Ed.D. in Educational Psychology
Online Degree Overview
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) is delivered online with some required face-to-face components and is designed to facilitate the learning styles of adults and provide a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. The problem-based curriculum, applied dissertation projects, and individually designed concentration allow for a tailor-made program. Undergirding the entire program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Spring & Summer 2015 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June. A four-day residency will be held July 13-16, 2015 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Ed.D. in Educational Psychology Highlights
Length: A minimum of 60 credit hours.
Format: Offered in a cohort model beginning with an online class in the month of June and a one-week residency in the month of July. Subsequent courses are offered online with additional one-week residencies during the second and third summers of the program. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education in Educational Psychology degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Online coursework, concentration and dissertation advisor, on-campus residencies.
The online Doctor of Education with a concentration in Educational Psychology provides career development for educators and includes two areas of study: research and evaluation, and learning and development. The Ed.D. in Educational Psychology's Research and Evaluation track will allow you to specialize in testing and program assessment at the school district level. A heavy emphasis will be placed on quantitative analysis. The Ed.D. in Educational Psychology's Learning and Development track will equip you to utilize the most appropriate theories and research to improve the chances of academic and behavioral success for students. The study of brain research in relationship to learning will be emphasized. Read more about the Ed.D. with a concentration in Educational Psychology and view dissertation abstracts from students in the Ed.D. in Educational Psychology program.
The online Doctor of Education in Educational Psychology is preparing education professionals for one or a combination of career enhancing opportunities such as teaching at the college level (full or part time) in the areas of research, learning and behavior management; enhancing the knowledge of those already in school psychology, social work and counseling positions; and current teachers and administrators in K-12 school districts who need to know more about academic achievement, motivation, social-emotional development and application of brain research to educational settings.
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
"Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Ed.D. in Educational Psychology graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy, and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.