Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Education Leadership
- Mike Myers, Ed.D.
Dayspring Christian Academy
Regent Graduate, 2012
"My prayer is that
the vision, academic preparation,
and lifelong relationships
I received through my
Regent University education
will reap great benefits
for the Kingdom of God."
Read Mike's Story>>
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) is delivered primarily online (along with one-week summer residencies) and is designed to facilitate the learning styles of adults and provide a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. The problem-based curriculum, applied dissertation projects, and individually designed cognates allow for a tailor-made program. Undergirding the entire program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Spring & Summer 2014 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June and a four-day residency will be held July 7-10, 2014 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Doctorate in Christian Education Leadership Highlights
Courses: View Course Sequence and Descriptions
Length: 60 credit hours. May be completed in as little as 3 years.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the spring or summer semesters. Courses are offered online with a one-week residency each summer of the program. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Online coursework, cognate and dissertation advisor, on-campus residencies.
The Doctor of Education in Christian Education Leadership is designed to equip educators (including parents and pastors) with vision and accompanying skills for bringing full biblical fidelity to Christian education. The Bible strenuously admonishes that each generation be raised to love and obey God in every dimension of life. We are thus compelled to excel in Christian education for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Christian Education Leadership cognate focuses on how to make Christian education as biblically sound as possible. Read more and view dissertation abstracts>>
The Doctor of Education in Christian Education Leadership prepares its graduates for leadership at every level of Christian/Kingdom education. Graduates of the program now or have occupied positions such as Christian school teacher, principal, headmaster, founder; Christian university faculty; curriculum developer; and representative of international Christian education associations.
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
Ph.D.'s and Ed.D.'s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Doctorate in Christian Education Leadership graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed Biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy, and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.
Recognized by ACSI and IACCS