Regent University and the graduate School of Education (SOE) are accredited, certified, and/or a member of the following bodies:
- Regent University is accredited to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) . Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University.
- Regent University is authorized to operate in the state of Virginia and is exempt from the requirements of certification provided by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) .
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
Education Approvals & Accreditations
- The Regent University School of Education's educator preparation programs are approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) .
- The Regent University School of Education's educational leadership and teacher preparation programs and the College of Arts & Sciences interdisciplinary studies program, which are designed to prepare competent, caring, and qualified professional educators are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) for a period of seven years, from January 9, 2009 to November 30, 2016. This accreditation certifies that the educational leadership, teacher preparation and interdisciplinary studies programs have provided evidence that they adhere to TEAC's quality principles. Teacher Educational Accreditation Council, One Dupont Circle, Suite 320, Washington, DC, 20036, phone 202.466.7236.
Regent University admits students without discrimination on the basis of race, color, disability, gender, religion or national or ethnic origin.