All Divinity students at the Master's level must complete an Approved Degree Plan (ADP) upon completing 18 credit hours. An ADP is a projected schedule of when a student will complete each of the core and elective courses required for their degree. Completing an ADP allows students to plan ahead in order to avoid delaying graduation because needed courses may not be offered at the end of the student’s program.
To complete and submit your ADP, follow these steps:
- (As a New Student) - During your first semester, download the ADP form for your degree and the Divinity Rotation Schedule from the table below. Save the ADP form to your computer and complete it using the Rotation Schedule to see when and in what format courses are scheduled to be offered each semester. For Course Descriptions, consult the Online Catalog.
- (As a New Student) - Use your completed ADP to help keep you on track during your first few semesters. The ADP serves as your plan for completing all program requirements.
- After completing 18 credit hours in your program, submit your completed ADP as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call the Enrollment Services Office for assistance (1-800-723-6162, Option 1). Make sure that you complete the ADP in its entirety; incomplete forms will not be processed. You will be contacted if any adjustments need to be made.
- Throughout your degree program, you are required to keep an up-to-date copy of your ADP and make changes as needed. There are two types of changes that can be made to ADPs:
- Minor Edits: If you need to change the semester in which you intend to take a particular course(s), or switch out electives, simply make the appropriate edits on your ADP. For these two types of changes, you do not need to resubmit your ADP, nor do you need to submit an Academic Petition to request approval.
- Core Requirement Changes: To request a change in a required core requirement, you must submit an Academic Petition to the Academic Dean for approval. You will be notified of the outcome, and the petition will be added to your student file. If your petition is granted, you may update your ADP to reflect the approved change and resubmit the revised ADP to email@example.com. The revised copy of your ADP will be kept on file.
- When you submit an online Graduation Application at the end of your program, you are required to re-submit your final ADP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read: Final ADP for Graduation. The final version of the ADP should reflect any changes you made along the way (whether minor edits, or changes based on an approved Academic Petition).
- Your ADP will be reviewed internally at this time for graduation clearance. Students will not be permitted to graduate if there are outstanding degree requirements (e.g. minimum credit hour requirements, on campus requirements, etc.).
- When cleared for graduation, students will receive an email confirmation from the Divinity Dean’s office.
Important: Please note that there is a limit to how many Distance Education/Online Learning credits a student may take toward a Divinity master's degree. The limits are 30 credits (1/2) toward a 60-credit M.A. and 60 credits (2/3) toward a 90-credit M.Div. Please be aware that the actual number of credits is less for Joint Degree students who have fewer total credits. More information about online learning programs »
Important: The ADP's are in Microsoft Excel (.xls). To view them, you will need to download and install the latest free version of Excel Viewer.
The Approved Degree Plans are for use by current students only.
Current Students: you will need your MyRegent ID to view/download an ADP.
Approved Degree Plans (ADP)
Joint Degree Plans