Assistant Professor of Theology and Culture
- Ph. D. Emmanuel College, Toronto School of Theology, University of Toronto
- M.A. University of St. Michael's College, Toronto School of Theology, University of Toronto.
- M.T.S. Tyndale University College & Wycliffe College
- BRE Tyndale University College (Delta Epsilon Xi, Cum Laude)
- Pentecostalism in Latin America
- Popular Religion
- Religion and Culture
- Postcolonial/Decolonial Studies
- US Latin Theologies
- Intercultural Discourse
- Liberation and Contextual Theologies
- Mestizaje: (Re)Mapping "Race," Culture, and Faith in Latina/o Catholicism, New York: Orbis Books, 2009. (Winner of the 2012 Hispanic Theological Initiative Book Prize)
Edition Works in Progress
- With Jeff Nowers ed. Theology and the Crisis of Engagement.
- With Allison Hari Singh and Ronal Charles eds. Reading In-Between: Biblical Interpretation in Canada.
Articles in Books
- "Hybridity, Migration, and Transnational Relations: (Re)Thinking Canadian Pentecostalism from a Latina/o Perspective." In Many Tongues: Globalization and the Transformation of Pentecostalism, edited by Michael Wilkinson. International Studies in Religion and Society Series. Brill, Forthcoming.
- "The New Jerusalem Versus Social Responsibility: The Challenges of Pentecostalism in Guatemala." In Perspectives in Pentecostal Eschatologies, edited by Peter Althouse and Robby Waddell, 293—317. Oregon: Pickwick Publishers, a Division of Wipf and Stock, 2010.
- With Neomi de Anda. "Convivencia: What Have we Learned? Toward a Latina/o Ecumenical Theology." In Building a Latino/a Ecumenical Theology, edited by Orlando Espín, 185–96. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2009.
Articles in Refereed Journals
- With Neomi DeAnda."Myth, Violence, and Conquest: Trastocando Fronteras Disciplinarias: Celebrando Luis River-Pagán." Journal of Hispanic / Latino Theology (Forthcoming).
- "Luis Rivera-Pagán, Sus Escritos-Nuestra Herencia: An Abbreviated Bibliography." Journal of Hispanic / Latino Theology (Forthcoming).
- "Discerning the Move of the Spirit among Pentecostal-Charismatics: An Editorial."Pneuma 34 No. 1 (2012): 95-96.
- "Discerning the Spirit in Culture: Toward Pentecostal Interculturality." Canadian Journal of Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity 2 (2011): 131-165.
- "The Pneumatalogical Dimensions of Orlando Espín's Theological Work and Its Implications for Engagement with The Pentecostal Communities." Journal of Hispanic/Latino/a Theology (Thursday, September 16, 2010). http://www.latinotheology.org/node/96.
- "The Religion Psychology of Mestizaje: Gómez Suárez de Figueroa or Garscilaso de la Vega." Pastoral Psychology 57 (September 2008): 115-24.
- Medina, Néstor, et al. "Strangers no More: Conversational Essays Between PhD Candidates." Persectivas: Hispanic Theological Initiative Occasional Paper Series 12 (Fall 2008): 86-89.
- "Jurgen Moltmann and Pentecostalism (s): Toward a Cultural Theology of the Spirit," Toronto Journal of Theology: Love and Freedom: Essay in Honour of Harold G Wells 24, no. 1 (2008): 99-111, Edited by Rob Fennell.
- "The Future of Liberation Theologies: Rumors of Their Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated." Toronto Journal of Theology 23, no. 1 (2007): 21-31.
- "Jurgen Motlmann and Pentecostalism(s): Hacia una Teología Cutural del Espíritu." Cuba Teologíca 11 (2007):27-45. With Jeff Nowers. "Uncovering the Diversity of Evangelical Consciousness." The Ecumenist 40, no. 3 (2003): 1-5
- "Religion and Revolution: Lessons of Half a Century in Cuba." By Felix Sautie Mederos. In The Latin American Agenda 2011, edited by José María Vigil and Pedro Casalda'liga, 172-73. Montreal: Dunamis Publishers, 2010.
- "Another Church is Necessary and Possible: Going Back to Medellín." By Jon Sobrino. In The Latin American Agenda 2011, edited by José María Vigil and Pedro Casaldáliga, 210-11. Montreal: Dunamis, 2010.
- "Towards a New Ecological and Spiritual Vision." By Leonardo Boff. In The Latin American Agenda 2011, edited by José María Vigil, 116-117 Global Edition (English), edited by José María Vigil, Montreal, Dunamis Publishers, 2009. http://latinoamericana.org/English.
- "Toward an Alternative Socio-Economic Systerm: Fudamental Issues." By Jung Mo Sung. In The Latin American Agenda 2009, edited by José María Vigil and Pedro Casaldáliga, 66-67, Panama, October 2008. http://latinoamericana.org/nglish.
- "Young People, Politics and Postmodernity." By Jorge Boran. In The Latin American Agenda 2008, edited by José María Vigil and Pedro Casaldáliga, 220-21. Panama, 2008. http://agenda.latinoamericana.org/English.
- "Inhabiting the Cruciform God: Kenosis, Justification, and Theosis in Paul's Narrative Soteriology, by Michael J. Gorman (Book Review)." Toronto School of Theology 26, no. 1 (2010): 114-15.
- "Taking up the Cross: New Testament Interpretations Through Latina and Feminist Eyes" by Barbra E. Reid (book Review)." Biblical Theology Bulletin 40, no. 1 (2010): 54-55.
- "John Howard Yoder: Mennonite Patience, Evangelical Witness, Catholic Convictions by Mark Teissen Nation (Book Review)." Toronto Journal of Theology 24, no. 1 (2008): 148-50.
- "The Politics of Discipleship and Discipleship in Politics: Jurgen Moltmann Lectures in Dialogue with Mennonite Scholars by Jurgen Motlmann (Book Review)." Toronto Journal of Theology 24, no. 1 (2008): 147-48.
- "Engaging Anabaptism: Conservatives with a Radical Tradition by John D. Roth (Book Review)." Koinonia 14, no. 1 (Spring 2002): 93-95.
- "Sensing the Spirit: The Holy Spirit in Feminist Perspective by Rebecca Button Pritchard (Book Review)." Koinonia 13, no. 2 (2001 Fall 2001): 235-37.
- Society of Pentecostal Studies
- La Comunidad: Association of Hispanic American Scholars of Theology and Religion (A group within the American Academy of Religion)
- American Academy of Religion
- Canadian Theological Society