Diane J. Chandler
Associate Professor of Spiritual Formation and Leadership
Diane Chandler's Intro Video
- Ph.D., Regent University
- M.Div., Regent University
- M.S., Canisius College
- B.A., Hiram College
- Spiritual Formation 1
- Spiritual Formation 3
- Models of Biblical Discipleship
- Christian Leadership Development
- Ethical Dimensions of Leadership
- Women in Leadership
- Mentoring for Women in Ministry
- Spiritual/Holistic Formation
- Spirituality & Leadership
- Leadership Self-care
- Women in Leadership
- Global Leadership
- Ethical/unethical Leadership
- Chandler, D. J. (under contract, anticipated 2013). Holistic Formation in the Image of God: Embracing Authentic Growth. InterVarsity Academic.
- Chandler, D. J. (2011, summer). The Storm of Toxic and Destructive Leadership. In F. Gandolfi (Ed.), Fundamentals of Leadership: Contemporary Readings (Vol. 1). Köln, Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Chandler, D. J., & Fields, D. (2010). Ignoring the Signposts: A Process Perspective of Unethical and Destructive Leadership. In B. Schyns & T. Hansbrough, (Eds.), When Leadership Goes Wrong: Destructive Leadership, Mistakes and Ethical Failures. Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- Chandler, D. J. (2011, winter). What Women Bring to the Exercise of Leadership. Journal of Strategic Leadership, 3(2), 1-12.
- Chandler, D. J. (2011, summer). Personal Leadership Identity and the Love of God: Insights from the Life of David. Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership, 3(2), 100-120.
- Kohm, L. M., Chandler, D. J., & Gomez, D. (2011, summer). Christianity, Feminism, and the Paradox of Female Happiness. Trinity Law Review.
- Chandler, D. J. (2010, June). The Impact of Pastors’ Spiritual Practices on Burnout. Journal of Pastoral Care & Counseling, 64(2), 6.1-9.
- Chandler, D. J. (2009, Sept.). The Perfect Storm of Leaders’ Unethical Behavior: A Conceptual Framework. International Journal of Leadership Studies, 5(1), 69-93.
- Chandler, D. J. (2009, June). Pastoral Burnout and the Impact of Personal Spiritual Renewal, Rest-taking, and Support System Practices. Pastoral Psychology, 58(3), 273-287.
- Chandler, D. J. (2008, Summer). The Impact of Social Modeling, Cultural Values, and Support Systems on the Leadership Development of Emerging Global Women Leaders. Advancing Women in Leadership Journal, 25(1).
- Chandler, D. J. (2011). Review of Life in the Spirit: Spiritual Formation in Theological Perspective by Jeffrey P. Greenman and George Kalantzis, eds. (Downers Grove, Ill.: IVP Academic, 2010). Pneuma.
- Chandler, D. J. (2011, March). Review of God’s Many Splendored Image: Theological Anthropology for Christian Formation by Nonna Verna Harrison (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic). Religious Studies Review, 37(1), p. 31.
- Chandler, D. J. (2011, March). Book review of H. B. Cavalcanti , Gloryland: Christian Suburbia, Christian Nation (Westport: Praeger, 2009). Religious Studies Review, 37(1), p. 27.
- Chandler, D. J. (2010, Sept.). Book review of Jim Belcher, Deep Church: A Third Way Beyond Emerging and Traditional (Downers Grove, Ill.:InterVarsity Press, 2009). Religious Studies Review, 36(3), p. 209.
- Chandler, D. J. (2009). Book review of Joseph A. Bessler, Peter T. Cha, Mary E. Hess, and Timothy C. Tennent, Revitalizing Practice: Collaborative Models for Theological Faculties, ed., Malcolm L. Warford (New York: Peter Lang, 2008). Religious Studies Review, 35(4), p. 255.
- Chandler, D. J. (2007). Review of Ecstasy and Intimacy: When the Holy Spirit Meets the Human Spirit by Edith M. Humphrey. Religious Studies Review, 33(1), p. 50.
Other Published Works
- Chandler, D. J. (2002). The Leader's Example: Embracing and Modeling the Basic Principles of Discipleship (Training Manual, Foundations for Emerging Leaders Series, Vol. 3). Chesapeake, VA: Leadership Training International.
Selected Scholarly Presentations
- Christian Formation in Ecological Perspective (Academic Paper Presentation), March 2011. Society for Pentecostal Studies Annual Conference, Memphis, Tennessee.
- Christian Formation in the Imago Dei: A Paradigm (Academic Paper Presentation), March, 2010. Society for Pentecostal Studies Annual Conference, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Global Women Leaders: From Emergence to Prominence (Academic Roundtable Discussion), Nov., 2008. International Leadership Association Conference, Los Angeles, California.
- Leadership Self-care: Lessons from the Life of Elijah (Presentation), Jan. 8, 2008. Graduate School of Theological Studies, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- The Dark Side of Leadership: Reconciling Ethical and Moral Failure While Facing Our Flaws (Academic Paper Panel Presentation), November, 2007. International Leadership Association Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Global Women’s Leadership Development (Academic Paper Panel Presentation). Nov., 2006. International Leadership Association Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- Spirituality & Leadership: From Burnout to Well-Being (Academic Paper Panel Presentation), Nov., 2006. International Leadership Association Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- The Impact of Social Modeling, Cultural Values, and Support Systems on the Leadership Development of Emerging Global Women Leaders (Academic Paper Presentation), March, 2006. Women as Global Leaders Conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- The Impact of Pastors’ Spiritual Practices on the Psychological Construct of Burnout, Jan., 2004. Association of Management and Int’l Association of Management Conference, Norfolk, Virginia.
- American Academy of Religion
- International Leadership Association
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Society for Pentecostal Studies
- Society for Spirituality, Theology & Health
- Spiritual Formation Alliance