The International Admission process applies to you if:
- You are a non-immigrant to the United States. (A non-immigrant is anyone who is NOT a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.)
- You plan to study in the United States.
- You are already in the United States on an employment-based or student visa.
International Application Process
Please note that international students are required to meet different deadlines for admission applications and visas than those listed for students from the United States. International applicants should begin the admission process nine to 12 months in advance of their intended enrollment date in order to insure you will meet the established deadlines.
- Submit Your Application
Complete the School of Divinity Application for Admission.
- Submit Documents Required for International Applicants
Follow the admissions procedures and requirements found on the International Admissions page. Submit your TOEFL scores, a copy of your passport ID, U.S. Visa history and the supplemental international application found on the International Admissions Requirements page. The financial support documents will be needed for processing an I-20 if accepted.
- Have Your International Transcripts Evaluated and Sent to Regent
Submit your official transcripts to a third party evaluation agency for course by course evaluation (only the evaluation is required, do not send official international transcripts directly to Regent University). Submit English Language Proficiency requirements as listed here.
- Pay Your $50 Application Fee
Your application will be fully processed once we have received your non-refundable application fee. Mail a check payable to "Regent University" to Enrollment Support Services, or submit your payment online over a secure server.
- Master's Level Applicants Only: Goal statement and Writing Sample
- Submit a Personal Goal Statement demonstrating an interest in ministry relative to the program to which you are applying. Please email to the Admissions Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The admissions committee will evaluate a standardized writing sample for all applicants. Once your online application is complete you can submit the required writing sample through the ETS Criterion Service. This will be an online, timed essay prompt with a pre-determined topic. Applicants will receive immediate feedback on the essay from the ETS Criterion Service and the scores will be sent directly to the School of Divinity Admissions Office. Click here for detailed instructions.
- Doctoral Level Applicants Only: Submit a Clergy Recommendation
Request the Clergy Recommendation Form. It can be completed online or through the mail by your current pastor or ministry leader.
- Doctoral Level Applicants Only: Complete Your Admissions Interview
You will be contacted to schedule an interview with Enrollment Services once all other application steps are complete. Admissions interviews may be conducted in person or by phone.
For more information, please visit our International Students Admissions page.
If you have questions, please contact the International Admissions Coordinator:
Enrollment Support Services
Attn. Anne-Lise Truitt
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23464 USA
Telephone: 001.757.352.4875 | Fax: 001.757.352.4381
Leanna Cinquanta, D.Min. '11
Founder/Director, TellAsia Ministries
"I am very thankful for Regent. I was impressed with the quality of the instructors. They were all truly men and women of God; it was a breath of fresh air."