The Practitioner-Scholar Conference at Hampton Roads
Saturday, April 12, 2014 9am - 3pm. Please see Tentative Schedule for further details
Hosted by Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
Poster Submission Form - Submission Deadline Extended to April 4, 2014 at 11:59pm
“Cultivate Your Career”
Cultivating Your Career: Building your niche in the dynamic disciplines of psychology and counseling
The Practitioner-Scholar Conference is designed for students and practitioners of psychology and counseling, at all levels of training and expertise.
Conference tracks include:
Graduate School Track
Professional Psychology Track
Our goal is to present opportunities for
We also seek to provide a venue for students to gain professional presentation experience and to facilitate collaboration within the local community and across mental health disciplines.
The Practitioner-Scholar Conference is planning a variety of programs designed to enhance competencies, inspire future research initiatives, and promote awareness.
2014 Conference Objectives to be offered this year:
- Becoming active participants in the development of our evolving field
- Providing opportunities for students and professionals to participate in advance training and professional development
- Inspiring future research initiatives and training opportunities
- To encourage the collaboration of various disciplines within the field of mental health
- Creating mentoring/networking opportunities between developing and established professionals
- Offering training in empirically based interventions to trainees and professionals
General Conference Schedule
|9:00am-9:30am:||Conference and CE Registration|
|9:30am-10:30am:||Breakout Session #1|
|10:45am-10:50am:||Welcome by the Executive Team|
|12:35pm-1:35pm:||Breakout Session #2|
|1:50pm-2:50pm:||Conference Closing Ceremony|
|2:50pm-3:30pm:||Social Hour and Poster Session|
The mission of the Practitioner-Scholar Conference is to embrace the Vail model of graduate training, advancing knowledge, skills, and competencies through a distinct focus on clinical integration. We are set apart by our commitment to connecting research, theory, and practice through education, collaboration, and professional development.
Registration includes conference materials as well as food and beverages.
Early Registration Cost:
$25 for High School and Undergraduate Students
$35 for Graduate Students
$45 for Professionals