Timothy A. O. Redmer, Ph.D. | bio publications contact
A long-standing member of Regent University's business faculty, Dr. Redmer serves as professor of accounting and finance for the School of Business & Leadership and possesses a wealth of expertise in the areas of managerial accounting, budgeting, nonprofit accounting and corporate finance. He is a frequent presenter at various professional business conferences throughout the U.S. and has served more than 30 years in public and private higher education.
Dr. Redmer is author of several journal articles published in both peer-reviewed and popular press publications and has received recognition for his outstanding case studies. Prior to Regent University, Dr. Redmer served in the United States Air Force as a budget officer, presided as an examination project manager for the Institute of Certified Management Accountants and taught at the University of Louisville and Norfolk State University.
The Barnabas Award, Christian Business Faculty Association, 2010.
Best Case Awards
"Flax Pond Cranberry Company" by Timothy A. O. Redmer, Annual Advances in Business Cases, 2008.
“Dinner Theatre: Gifts of the Magi – Would the Gift be Gold or Coal” by Timothy A. O. Redmer and A. Gregory Stone, Southeast Case Research Association, Myrtle Beach, SC, February 14-16, 2008.
“Herr Foods – Opti-Scanner Acquisition” by Timothy A. O. Redmer awarded by the Midwest Business Administration Association, Chicago, Illinois March 15-17, 2006.
"Celblox Marketing Strategy” by A. Gregory Stone and Timothy A. O. Redmer, Southeast Case Research Association, Myrtle Beach, SC, February 16-18, 2006.
“Online and Face-to-Face Students Speak: 'These Strategies Work Best'” by Claire Rundle and Timothy A. O. Redmer, The International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, Jacksonville, FL April 11-13, 2006.
Service & Appointments
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) Accreditation Site Team Examiner
- Member, Board of Directors, Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA), 2003-2007 & 2008-2011
- Chair, Christian Business Faculty Association, 2005-2006
- Program Chair, Christian Business Faculty Association, 2008-2011
- Reviewer, Christian Business Academy Review, Christian Business Faculty Association
- Associate Editor and Reviewer, Journal of Biblical Integration in Business — Special Case Edition
- Reviewer, Case Research Journal, North American Case Research Association (NACRA)
- Member, Board of Directors, Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA), 2008–2013
- Program Chair, Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA), 2009
- President, Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA), 2010
- Reviewer, Southeast Case Research Journal, Southeast Case Research Association
- Board of Directors, Society for Case Research (SCR), 2009 - 2012
- Reviewer, Annual Advances, Journal of Critical Incidents, & Business Case Journal, Society for Case Research (SCR)
- Associate Editor Journal of Critical Incidents, Society of Case Research (SCR)
- Reviewer, The CASE Journal, The CASE Association
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University
- MBA, Southern Illinois University
- B.S., Florida State University
Areas of Expertise
- Managerial Accounting
- Case Study Analysis
- Not-for-profit accounting
- Corporate finance