Bramwell Osula, Ph.D.
Dr. Bramwell Osula is an applied human services practitioner with a wealth of experience that cuts across the areas of global leadership, cultural analysis, and consultant management.
Dr. Osula holds a Ph.D. in Sociology. His teaching, research, and consulting practice is the result of living explorations in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Canada, the United States, and Europe.
Dr. Osula is active in a variety of leadership and other programs as a professor, consultant, trainer, and mentor. He is a frequent participant in and organizer of training workshops and professional development seminars. His interests include leadership development, organizational diagnosis, consulting theory and practice, ethics, cross-cultural analyses, security and public policy.
Prior to joining the faculty at Regent University, Dr. Osula served as director of business development for an IT consulting firm. He was also an adjunct faculty member at the City University of New York and College of Saint Elizabeth in New Jersey.
- Faculty of the Year Award - 2008, School of Business & Leadership, Regent University, 2008
- Distinctive Service Award, Regent University 2007, 2012
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2006
- Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Nominee, 1993
- Minority Leadership Award, 1995, 1996, 1997
- Honorary Charter Membership, Phi Eta Sigma, 1998
SERVICE, APPOINTMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Member, Board of Fellows, Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Eastern University. Philadelphia, PA.
- Member, Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) Advisory Committee, 2012 - present
- Member, Visiting Board of Advisors, Global Protection Network (Providing Humanitarian Service to the Americas and Caribbean Basin)
- Reviewer, Sport, Business, Management: an International Journal
- Homeland Security Certificate Program. Professional & Continuing Education (PCE). Regent University.
- Reviewer, The Journal of the Academy, Contemporary Social Science
- Facilitator, Summer Leadership Program for students from China Youth University for Political Science, July 3 - July 19, 2011
- Co-Facilitator, Homeland Security Certificate Program
- Reviewer, African Journal of Business Management
- Reviewer, Journal of Strategic Leadership
- Adjunct Professor, Criminal Justice Program, School of Undergraduate Studies, Regent University
- Reviewer, International Journal of Leadership Studies
- Editorial Board, African Journal of Marketing Management (AJMM)
- Editorial Board, Global Imagination
- Program Evaluation Consultant, MAP-Bolivia
- Visiting Professor on Transformational Leadership HITS, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2008
- Diamond Group Member – Senior Management of Critical Incident Leadership, Leadership Development, Metropolitan Police Service (2008)
- Editor, Journal of Practical Consulting, 2005-2011
- Executive Peer Editor, Journal of Higher Education Excellence
- Track Chair, Globalization, International Management, Culture and Management Development, Academy of World Business, Marketing and Management Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2008
- Member, International Leadership Association
- Member, American Sociological Association
- Member, Regent University Faculty Excellence Award Committee
- Member, Regent University Tenure Promotion Workload Taskforce
- Chair, Education Focus Group, Transform World, 2005
- Ph.D. University of Waterloo, Canada
- M.A. University of Waterloo, Canada
- B.A. University of Lancaster, United Kingdom
- Leadership & Development
- Cross-Cultural Dynamics
- Global Leadership
- Organizational Design
- Development & National Identity
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Values & Normative Leadership
- Critical Incident Management
- Corporate Governance
- Terrorism, Cybersecurity, & National Security