Gary Oster, DSL | bio publications contact
Gary Oster joined the faculty of the School of Business & Leadership (SBL) in the summer of 2007 after more than two years as associate dean for academics in the Regent University School of Undergraduate Studies and a decade in senior administrative roles at William Tyndale College. He has served as a classroom and online instructor since 1994 and currently serves as a professor, director of the M.A. in Business & Design Management, and editor of the Journal of Transformative Innovation.
Prior to his academic endeavors, Gary was an executive in high-technology corporations, both domestically and overseas, focusing primarily upon the computer, electronics and automotive industries.
- Innovation and Corporate Competitiveness
- Technology Utilization
- Metrics and Organizational Effectiveness
- International Leadership Education
Grants, Honors & Awards
- Award-winning Conference Paper designation: Oster, G. (2008). Edison's laboratory: Prototype for the online classroom. 19th International Conference on College Teaching & Learning.
- William Tyndale College: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development Grant 2003, “Planning, Design, and Engineering for Tyndale Science and Computer Learning Center ”; Awarded $997,800.
- William Tyndale College: United States Department of Education Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) Grant 2002, “Interactive Learning Center for the 21st Century”; Awarded $850,000.
- Instituto Linguistico de Verano (under contract of Ministry of Education, Government of Peru, Lima, Peru, South America) More than $1 million combined grants for health, education and community development projects 1980–1982
- William Tyndale College Citizen of the Year
- Pi Sigma Iota National Honorary Political Science Fraternity
- Lambda Iota Tau National Honorary Literature Society
- Beta Phi Mu International Honorary Librarianship Fraternity
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business (United States), 2009.
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business (UK & Ireland), 2009.
- Reviewer, International Journal of Technology and Globalization, 2009.
- Consultant, 27th Annual Entrepreneurship Education Forum, Norfolk, Va., 2009.
- Guest Editor, Regent Global Business Review, 3(1).
- Editor, Journal of Strategic Leadership.
- Editor, Christian Innovation Blog.
- AACSB Bridge To Business Post-Doctoral Program, University of Florida, 2008
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership, Regent University, 2007
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Organizational Leadership, Regent University, 2006
- Master of Arts in Economics, Case Western Reserve University, 1988
- Master of Business Administration in Systems Management, Baldwin-Wallace College, 1985
- Master of Science in Librarianship, Western Michigan University, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts in English/Political Science, Hope College, 1978