Gary W. Oster, DSL
Gary Oster joined the faculty of the School of Business & Leadership (SBL) in the summer of 2007 after more than two years as associate dean for academics in the Regent University School of Undergraduate Studies and a decade in senior administrative roles at William Tyndale College. He has served as a classroom and online instructor since 1994 and currently serves as professor and director of the Doctor of Strategic Leadership program.
Prior to his academic endeavors, Gary was an executive in high-technology corporations, both domestically and overseas, focusing primarily upon the computer, electronics and automotive industries.
- Innovation and Corporate Competitiveness
- Technology Utilization
- Metrics and Organizational Effectiveness
- International Leadership Education
GRANTS, HONORS & AWARDS
- Award-winning Conference Paper designation: Oster, G. (2008). Edison's laboratory: Prototype for the online classroom. 19th International Conference on College Teaching & Learning.
- William Tyndale College: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development Grant 2003, “Planning, Design, and Engineering for Tyndale Science and Computer Learning Center ”; Awarded $997,800.
- William Tyndale College: United States Department of Education Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) Grant 2002, “Interactive Learning Center for the 21st Century”; Awarded $850,000.
- Instituto Linguistico de Verano (under contract of Ministry of Education, Government of Peru, Lima, Peru, South America) More than $1 million combined grants for health, education and community development projects 1980–1982
- William Tyndale College Citizen of the Year
- Pi Sigma Iota National Honorary Political Science Fraternity
- Lambda Iota Tau National Honorary Literature Society
- Beta Phi Mu International Honorary Librarianship Fraternity
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business (United States), 2009.
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business (UK & Ireland), 2009.
- Reviewer, International Journal of Technology and Globalization, 2009.
- Consultant, 27th Annual Entrepreneurship Education Forum, Norfolk, Va., 2009.
- Guest Editor, Regent Global Business Review, 3(1).
- Editor, Journal of Strategic Leadership.
- Editor, Christian Innovation Blog.
- AACSB Bridge To Business Post-Doctoral Program, University of Florida, 2008
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership, Regent University, 2007
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Organizational Leadership, Regent University, 2006
- Master of Arts in Economics, Case Western Reserve University, 1988
- Master of Business Administration in Systems Management, Baldwin-Wallace College, 1985
- Master of Science in Librarianship, Western Michigan University, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts in English/Political Science, Hope College, 1978