Jay E. Gary, Ph.D.
Dr. Jay Gary joined the faculty of the School of Business & Leadership in 2003. He is an assistant professor and director of the Christian Futures network.
Before coming to Regent, Dr. Gary served more than two decades as a strategy consultant to nonprofit, public and private enterprises. In addition, throughout the '90s, he worked as a "millennial consultant" helping communities mark their passage into the 21st century. In 1994, he penned the first inspiration book on how to mark Christ’s 2,000th jubilee in a meaningful way.
From 1986 to 1989, Dr. Gary served as a conference planner with the Lausanne movement, a network launched by Billy Graham. Before 1986, he worked as a pastor to college students, a mission educator and a magazine editor.
- Emerald Management Review's Citation of Excellence, selected as one of 50 best articles of 15,000 published in 2008 for Gary, J. (2008, September). The future according to Jesus: A Galilean model of foresight. Futures, 40(7), 630-642.
- Empowered21, (2011, May), working group for Global Cabinet, http://www.empowered21.com/
- Co-chair, (2011, March). Regent Instructional Technology Committee, along with Ginger Zillges, Center for Teaching and Learning, Regent University.
- Regional Editor, North America, Foresight journal, Emerald, Cambridge, UK.
- Member, Steering Committee, World 2100 Project.
- Member, Work group for U.S. Army Deputy Chief of Staff G-2-Intelligence, Winter 2009 Future of Operational Environment Seminar, Portsmouth, Va., March 17-19.
- Editorial member, Journal of Strategic Leadership, October 2008.
- Member, Review Committee, Special Issue on Professional Futures, May 2009, Journal of Futures Studies, Tamkang University, Taiwan, September 2008.
- Project Leader, Spiritual Capital Research Listserv, Regent Center for Entrepreneurship, September 2008.
- Member, Advisory Board, Berkshire Encyclopedia of the 21st Century (forthcoming), August 2008.
- Member, Advisory Board. Futures Education Project, Houston, Texas, July 2008 .
- Member, Nature Planning Network, New Gloucester, Maine, April 2008.
Advisor, Lifeboat Foundation, surviving existential risks from genetic engineering, nanotechnology, and robotics, April 2008.
- Executive Committee, Alliance for Vulnerable Mission, Maseno, Kenya, March 2008.
- Advisor, Enfoque, Citywide Transformation, Mexico City, Campus Crusade for Christ
International, December 8, 2007.
- Board of Reference, WellSpirit Consulting Group, Inc., Lansing, IL, for Dr. Renee Hale, December 5, 2007.
- Council Member - Consultant, Gerson Lehrman Group, Policy & Economics Council, Fall 2007.
- Board Chairman, Global Service Associates, a 501-c-3 non-profit, Louisville, CO, November 12, 2007.
- Member, Professional Development Committee, Association of Professional Futurists, March 2007.
- Member, Springs 2000 Commission, 1999-2000; by the Mayor of Colorado Springs.
- Associate, Center for Millennial Studies, History department, Boston University, 1997 - 2002.
- Member, Exploratory Team, The Journey of the Magi, Catlin Foundation, 1996-1997.
- Member, Founding Board, Caleb Project, 1982-1987.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Regent University, 2004-2008
- M.A. in Education, California State University, Los Angeles, 1983
- B.S. in Industrial Mgt., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1976
- Strategic Leadership
- Leadership Competencies
- Corporate Foresight Systems
- Delphi Panels
- Foresight Assessments for Individuals, Groups and Organizations
- Global Leadership
- Historical Jesus
- Post-industrial Missiology
- World Futures Debate
Applied expertise in employing futures methodology and anticipatory management in corporate, educational, non-profit and government contexts.
- Founding Member: Association of Professional Futurists, 2002–present
- Member: World Future Studies Federation, 2003–present
- Member: Evangelical Missiological Society, 2005–present
- Member: World Future Society, 1990–present
- Member: Evangelical Theological Society, 2003–2009
- Member: American Academy of Religion, 2000–2009
- Member: Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals, 2008–2009
- Member: International Leadership Association, 2007-2008
- Member: Christian Business Faculty Association, 2006-2008
- Member: Society for Pentecostal Studies, 2011-present
- Consultant, (2011-2012, Jan). Billy Wilson, International Center for Spiritual Renewal, Cleveland, TN, http://www.icfsr.org
- Consultant, (2010, Dec. 16). Certificate in Community Transformation, Communities of the Future, Rick Smyre, Gastonia, NC, http://communitiesofthefuture.org/
- Consultant (2010, April 4) "Regent University: Toward 2020-an emerging issues proposal," co-authored report for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Dr. James Downey, Regent University.
- Consultant, Advanced Planning Office, for environmental analysis (2007, Fall). NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA 23681, http://sppmo.larc.nasa.gov/index.cfm
- Council Member - Consultant (2007, Nov. 15). Gerson Lehrman Group, Policy & Economics Council, http://www.glgcouncils.com/
- Consultant to Executive Committee, issues analysis, (2007, Oct. 6). Forum Foundation, Seattle, WA, 98105, http://www.forumfoundation.org
- Consultant to strategic lead team, trends analysis of youth culture 2020 (2007, Oct. 31). Teen Mania, Garden Valley, TX 75771, http://www.teenmania.com
- Future of Mission Aviation, 2004, Global Mapping International, http://www.gmi.org/
- Holy Land Trust, 1996-1997, http://www.holylandtrust.org/
- Leadership ’88 and GCOWE ’89, Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization, 1986-1989, http://www.lausanne.org
- AD 2000 Movement, 1989 – 1990, http://www.jaygary.com/by2000.shtml
- Consultant, Worldwide Student Network, Campus Crusade for Christ, 1986 – 1988, http://www.campuscrusadeforchrist.com/
- Consultant, Perspectives Study Program, Institute of International Studies, 1982-1986, http://www.perspectives.org/