Mihai C. Bocarnea, Ph.D.
Originally from Romania, Dr. Mihai C. Bocarnea came to Regent University in 1995 and currently serves as an associate professor in the School of Business & Leadership. He is an expert in the areas of communication, research methods, quantitative analysis and statistics.
Dr. Bocarnea, co-editor of the "Online instruments, data collection, and electronic measurements: Organizational advancements" book, has co-authored such book chapters and articles as "Seven Scales to Measure the Seven Beatitudes in Leaders," " An Online Measure of Discernment," "Uncertainty Management's Impact on Job Satisfaction and Innovation," "Student-specific Characteristics as Predictors of Retention and Attrition in an Online Doctoral Leadership Program," "Constructivism in Online Distance Education," "Teaching and Instruction Online: Conceptual Foundations and Practical Applications," "Measurement in Organizational Behavior," "Leadership of Organizational Networks," and "Servant-leadership as a Predictor of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment with the Moderating Effects of Organizational Support and Role Clarity among the Filipino Engineering, Manufacturing, and Technology Workers."
He has also presented at numerous academic conferences both in the U.S. and overseas in Canada, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, the Netherlands, South Korea, the United Kingdom and Romania. Dr. Bocarnea’s research interests include organizational communication, cross-cultural leadership, servant leadership, organizational change and pedagogy of online learning.
Prior to his teaching career at Regent University, Dr. Bocarnea served as an Internet technology consultant, statistical analyst and consultant, principal researcher, and software engineer. Dr. Bocarnea has also served as research analyst for various organizations in the U.S. and overseas.
- 2009 and 2004 Distinctive Service Award, Regent University
- Certificate of Achievement - Regent University, Center for Teaching and Learning - Blackboard Certification Program, 2005
- 2004 Outstanding Faculty of the Year, Center for Professional Studies, Regent University
- 1998, 2002 and 2011 President's Award for Excellence, Christian Broadcasting Network
- 2000 Management Leadership Excellence, Christian Broadcasting Network
SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Editor, Emerging Leadership Journeys journal
- Chair, Regent University's Institutional Review Board Committee
- Member, Editorial review board for International Journal of Servant-leadership
- Reviewer, International Journal of Leadership Studies
- Reviewer, Leadership and Organization Development Journal
- Served as a member of many scholarly associations, including the International Leadership Association, European Communication Association, Speech Communication Association and the International Communication Association
- Ph.D. Communication, Regent University, 2001
- M.A. Communication, Regent University, 1993
- M.S. Electronics, Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest, Romania, 1984
- B.S. Mathematics/Physics, Dimitrie Cantemir National College, Bucharest, Romania, 1978
- Organizational Communication and Leadership
- Cross-cultural Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Organizational Change
- Pedagogy of Online Learning