Doctor of Strategic Leadership Degree
Online Doctor of Strategic Leadership Degree Overview
Like Regent University's leadership Ph.D. program, the Doctor of Strategic Leadership (DSL) is an applied, multidisciplinary terminal degree designed to provide effective solutions, rooted in Christian ethics and values, for today's organizational challenges. Our Academy of Strategic and Entrepreneurial Leadership (ASEL) accredited DSL program combines an extensive survey of theory drawn from the fields of sociology, psychology, theology, organizational theory and other allied disciplines with a Judeo-Christian perspective that will further your understanding of transformational principles. Balancing the analysis of human dynamics and corporate systems, we facilitate the development of leaders who understand the intricacies of organizational change. Students will find that the Doctor of Strategic Leadership is highly applicable across numerous career fields.
Doctor of Strategic Leadership Degree Highlights
Curriculum: DSL students are taught using a cohort model, progressing together through a standard core curriculum. Additionally, students focus their doctoral studies by selecting one of four concentrations: Global Consulting | Leadership Coaching | Strategic Foresight | Strategic Leadership
Course Map: See course sequence and descriptions.
Length: 60 credits. May be completed in as little as four years. Students may begin the program in the fall or summer semester.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the fall or summer semesters. All Doctor of Strategic Leadership courses are offered as a flexible online graduate degree program. Three, four-day on-campus residencies are required.
Features: Students in the DSL program will be engaged in a transformational process that employs intellectual and spiritual truths that redefine one's comprehension of leadership and enable one to become a leader in the workplace. Unlike other Christian leadership programs, Regent combines theory with highly applicable skills that students can begin implementing in their organizations immediately.
The Doctor of Strategic Leadership degree will prepare you for management to executive level consulting and coaching roles, strategic leadership roles, or consulting positions in strategic foresight.
Doctor of Strategic Leadership degree graduates will:
- Conduct and report research.
- Review best practices.
- Select appropriate organizational leadership theories to analyze, explain and predict organizational phenomena.
- Conduct and present exegetical and expository study of Scripture to show the biblical roots of organizational leadership concepts and how they can positively impact global organizations and communities.
- Conduct and report consulting and/or coaching assistance to a client, improving the client's personal or organizational performance.
- Write and publish on organizational and leadership development and related topics in popular press publications and applied journals.
- Present on the theoretical and practical concepts of organizational leadership in corporations and nonprofit organizations, and at national and international academic and professional conferences.
- Identify, evaluate and utilize change management methodologies to positively impact the future of an organization.
- Discern, analyze and report on the effective use of strategic leadership methods across national, cultural and linguistic boundaries.
- Develop a substantive final project that integrates biblical and global perspectives and evidences a deep understanding of the theory and practice of organizational leadership.
DSL Degree Program Policies
DSL students will follow all of the Regent University Policies found in the Regent University Catalog and the Regent University Student Handbook. Additionally, the School of Business & Leadership requires that all DSL students either be continuously enrolled or on an approved leave of absence. Please note that the leave of absence does not extend the seven-year time limit to complete the DSL. If you wish a leave of absence, please discuss the option with your advisor. For more information and other program specific policies please access our policies page.
The faculty and staff of the School of Business & Leadership value students and truly want to see each succeed. Throughout the program and when life challenges arise, we want to provide as much support as possible to encourage students to continue on their educational journey and complete their degree. Therefore, our Doctor of Strategic Leadership students are assigned a DSL professor to serve as an advisor during the program.