Non-degree Admissions Process
The School of Business & Leadership provides the opportunity for individuals to take Non-Degree courses to satisfy continuing education requirements and to sample Regent's master's level programs. Graduate applicants desiring to enroll in courses who do not intend to obtain a degree may be accepted on non-degree status. Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid and may enroll in courses on a space-available basis only. Non-degree students are limited to a maximum of 18 credits and must maintain a 3.0 minimum GPA. Academic probation and dismissal policies apply to non-degree students.
To be considered for admission as a non-degree student at Regent University the following items must be submitted:
- Regent University Application (www.regent.edu/apply);
- Nonrefundable $25 application fee;
- An official transcript confirming the applicant's attainment of at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Admissions Essay
Essay Writing Guidelines
To assist us in your evaluation, please complete these essay questions. Your response is your opportunity to articulate your goals and fit for the program and will be used by the Admissions Committee to determine an admissions decision.
- Strive for clarity and specificity
- Response should be between 500 - 1,000 words total
In your response, please answer each of the following questions:
- Describe your personal and professional goals and how graduate-level coursework from the School of Business & Leadership will help you facilitate your objectives.
- Why have you selected Regent University to help you achieve these objectives?
- Master's programs in the School of Business & Leadership are rigorous but rewarding. Please comment on personal attributes as well as previous experiences that are reflective of your ability to successfully complete graduate-level coursework. You are encouraged to be creative in your answer but here are some suggestions of information you may want to consider when crafting your response:
- Previous academic and professional experiences that document your capacity for learning
- Personal characteristics you will contribute to the courses
- What makes you a good candidate for this school
Your essay should be e-mailed directly to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: SBL Masters Application Pieces.
Admissions materials and questions should be sent to the main admissions E-mail address: SBLAdmissions@regent.edu.
Non-degree students may apply for degree status through the admissions office and if admitted use the non-degree credits toward the degree. The applicant must meet all deadlines set forth in this policy and submit all official transcripts and any additional material required for degree status. The Admissions Committee will consider the application in the same way it would for a new applicant.
Feel free to contact the Admissions Team with any questions related to Non-Degree Applications at 757.352.4400 or email@example.com.