Transfer Credit Policy
Students admitted into the doctoral or master's degree programs in the School of Business & Leadership may request that graduate-level coursework completed at another accredited college or university be applied toward their degree at Regent University as shown below.
- Master's Degree Programs: Up to six (6) credit hours.
- Doctoral Degree Programs: Up to nine (9) credit hours may be applied toward the elective coursework.
Criteria Guiding the Acceptability of Credit
- Currency of qualifications—Units undertaken more than ten years prior to the application are not recognized for transfer.
- Relevance of the credit/s—When a student can demonstrate that coursework completed at another institution reflects the curriculum, course content and level of instruction resulting in student competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in Regent's own graduate degree programs and assessment criteria of Regent University, the student may be granted exemption and/or credit for the relevant Regent credit/s. The School of Business & Leadership does not approve transfer credits for portfolio-based experiential learning undertaken prior to admission into its programs.
- Accredited work—To be approved for transfer, credits must have been taken from a regionally accredited institution or one approved by the Regent school in which the student is enrolled. When appropriate, Regent will consider awarding transfer credit for military or workforce training that has been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE), in accordance with ACE recommendations.
- Availability of work—Credits accepted for transfer cannot have been counted on a previously completed degree program at Regent or any other institution. Additionally, the School of Business & Leadership does not accept transfer credits for graduate courses completed at other institutions after they have enrolled in the School of Business & Leadership programs.
- Course grades—Courses with grades of B- and below will not be accepted for transfer.
Steps for Transfer Evaluation:
- In order to have graduate credit considered for transfer, individuals must complete the application process and be admitted to a degree program.
- Students who want to transfer graduate credit to a degree program shall initiate an official request by completing the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form for Graduate Students and submitting it to their School of Business & Leadership faculty advisor along with an official transcript for each proposed transfer course. The course syllabus or a copy of the course description from the institution's catalog may also be required for evaluation.
- When the evaluation process is complete and courses are approved for transfer, the dean's office will forward a copy of the official transcript(s) and Transfer Credit Evaluation form to the Registrar's Office for entry of the transfer courses and credits on the student's academic transcript and degree program audit.
Degree Program Transfer within Regent
Students who transfer from one Regent degree program to another may be required to complete the transfer of credit procedure for all courses taken in the previous degree program that they desire to apply to the new degree program.
For additional information regarding the transfer credit policy, please refer to the most recent version of the Regent University Graduate Catalog found at www.regent.edu/academics/catalog.cfm