Master's Degree Application Requirements
Earn a master's degree while you continue your career. Whether you choose the highly applicable M.A. in Organizational Leadership or the military-friendly MBA, you will begin implementing the things you learn right away. Regent University's master's degree programs offer two 8-week sessions each semester, which provides students the flexibility to begin during either session within the term. Admission to our master's programs doesn't require a GMAT score. **Please note: if you are planning to enter during the second session of a term, you will need to take two courses within that session to be eligible for financial aid.
Applicants must submit all materials, as stated below, by the deadline to be considered for the appropriate term.
Note: International students wishing to apply to the on-campus MBA program may enter only in the Fall or Spring semesters and must have applications in by February 15 and June 15 respectively. For more details, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 757.352.4400.
Session A: July 15th
Session B: September 15th
Session C: December 1st
Session D: February 1st
Session E: April 1st
Session F: May 15th
When applying to the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership or Master of Business Administration programs, the admissions committee will review your application materials for an admissions decision. Criteria reviewed by the admissions committee include:
- Academic achievement
- Vision clarity and alignment with program outcomes
- Writing quality
- Leadership experience
M.A. and MBA Requirements for Admission
Prerequisites for our master's degree programs include a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or an equivalent degree from a foreign institution, as evaluated by a credential evaluating agency.
All application materials must be received by the deadline for the semester to which you are applying. Once you have fulfilled your application requirements, you may be contacted for an admissions interview, which is by invitation only.
Master's Application Process
1. Complete Your Online Application
Submit your application using our Regent University Online Application.
Note: If you are unable to complete our application due to a disability, please contact our Admissions Office and an admissions representative will provide reasonable accommodations to assist you in completing the application.
2. Pay Your $50 Application Fee
Option 1: Pay the $50 application fee online during the application process, via our Miscellaneous Payments Form, or by check or money order mailed to Regent University, Enrollment Support Services, 1000 Regent University Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23464.
Option 2: Attend a Graduate School of Business & Leadership on-campus or online information session to learn how to streamline your application process, discover financial aid resources, and waive your $50 application fee. RSVP Today!
3. Submit your Unofficial College Transcripts
Regent University's Office of the Registrar is requesting your official transcripts from your degree-granting institution. We are able to examine and view your unofficial transcript in order to gain you an admissions decision. Please submit your unofficial transcript to our Admissions Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: SBL Master's Application Pieces.
International students or those who have earned college credit at non-US institutions: Submit your transcripts for third party course by course evaluation to one of these recommended agencies.
4. Send Your Professional Resume
Provide an updated copy of your professional resume or curriculum vitae that includes:
- Employment history with details of responsibilities, skill sets and results
- School, community and church leadership positions
- Service activities in which you have been involved
- Academic and non-academic honors and distinctions you have received
Your resume should be emailed directly to the Admissions Office at email@example.com using the subject line: SBL Masters Application Pieces.
5. Write Your Admissions Essay
Your admissions essay should be emailed directly to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: SBL Masters Application Pieces. Be sure to view our master's essay writing guidelines.
Essay Writing Guidelines
To assist us in your evaluation, please complete these essay questions. Your response is your opportunity to articulate your goals and fit for the program and will be used by the Admissions Committee to determine an admissions decision.
- Strive for clarity and specificity
- Response should be between 500 - 1,000 words total
In your response, please answer each of the following questions:
- Describe your personal and professional goals and how graduate-level coursework from the School of Business & Leadership will help you facilitate your objectives.
- Why have you selected Regent University to help you achieve these objectives?
- Master's programs in the School of Business & Leadership are rigorous but rewarding. Please comment on personal attributes as well as previous experiences that are reflective of your ability to successfully complete graduate-level coursework. You are encouraged to be creative in your answer but here are some suggestions of information you may want to consider when crafting your response:
- Previous academic and professional experiences that document your capacity for learning
- Personal characteristics you will contribute to the courses
- What makes you a good candidate for this school
Your essay should be e-mailed directly to the Admissions Office at email@example.com using the subject line: SBL Masters Application Pieces.
6. International Applicants
Submit your official transcripts to a third party evaluation agency for course by course evaluation (only the evaluation is required, do not send official international transcripts directly to Regent University).
Submit English Language Proficiency requirements as listed here.
Note: All items submitted as part of the application process become the property of Regent University and cannot be returned.