Yellow Ribbon Program
Regent University is pleased to announce its participation in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program).
As a benefit of this program, eligible military veterans can attend Regent University at little to no out-of-pocket tuition cost.
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans' Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Regent University is an accepted, eligible institution participating in the VA's (Veteran's Affairs) Yellow Ribbon Program. Qualifying, eligible veterans may receive 100 percent tuition assistance through receipt of a combination of Post-9/11 Veterans' Educational Benefits, the VA Yellow Ribbon Program and Regent's Yellow Ribbon matching program. This tuition-benefit program includes both undergraduate and graduate study and either full- or part-time enrollment.
Participation by Academic Division or School
Regent University's participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program is listed by academic division and school for the 2013-2014 academic year.
2013 - 2014 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill: $17,500.00 annually
Yellow Ribbon Program Benefits
The Yellow Ribbon Program covers tuition and mandatory fees. The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides for room, board, books and supplies separately.
The following are examples of how the Yellow Ribbon Program can benefit you:
Graduate Communications Student
|30 Tuition Credits for School of Communications (MA, Accelerated) at $685/credit hour||$20,550.00|
|Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefit ($17,500 annual cap)||($17,500.00)|
|RU Yellow Ribbon Award Amount||($2,870.00)|
|Yellow Ribbon Program Matching Amount||($2,870.00)|
|Remaining tuition and fees||$0.00|
|30 Tuition Credits for Online Undergraduate study at $395/credit hour||$11,850.00|
|Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefit ($17,500 annual cap)||($12,657.00)|
|Remaining Tuition and Fees||$0.00|
* Allowable university fees are covered under the Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit. Excluded fees include (but are not limited to) student housing, any tuition/fees/housing for study abroad programs, penalty fees/fines, medical insurance, equipment rental, study aids and memberships.
Yellow Ribbon Eligibility Requirements
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- Honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- Dependents eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
- Spouses using a transferred benefit are only Yellow Ribbon eligible if the service member is at the 100% benefit level and a veteran.
- Children using a transferred benefit are only Yellow Ribbon eligible if the service member is at the 100% benefit level, whether a veteran or active duty.
No minimum number of credit hours are required for participation. Awards will continue in subsequent years in which the student maintains satisfactory progress, conduct and attendance.
If eligible, students should apply for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill with the Department of Veterans Affairs upon acceptance. Please forward your Certificate of Eligibility to the Business Office to be considered for the Yellow Ribbon Program. The university will receive payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs in the amount of both the GI Bill Benefit (Ch. 33) as well as the Yellow Ribbon Program matching portion.
- Participation in Yellow Ribbon precludes the student from eligibility for any other institutional awards, with the exception of students in the School of Law.
- Students must submit Certificate of Eligibility to the university to be considered eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Transfer students must reapply for participation in Yellow Ribbon Program at Regent. Award amounts will be based on availability and Regent Yellow Ribbon policy. Eligible students may receive a different amount than at the previous school.
- Students may receive Yellow Ribbon benefits for full- or part-time enrollment. Award amount is based on per-credit-hour tuition and allowable fees.
- Regent reserves the right to alter participation in the program and change the amount of contribution for a given academic year in accordance with VA Yellow Ribbon Program policies.
- Once eligible, student remains eligible throughout their education at the school as long as:
- Regent continues participation
- Student remains in good academic standing
- Student has remaining entitlement of VA Benefits
- Students may receive Yellow Ribbon benefits for any term so long as they have not reached annual maximum.
- Based upon eligibility determination by VA, a student may still have a balance due to the university after the university receives payment from VA.
For More Information