Program Quick Facts
Available On Campus
Indivivdual Course: .3 CEUs
Individual Course: $29
COM 154 (Computer Lab)
This certificate is available for continuing education units (CEUs) and is not available for academic credit.
Be Notified about New Sections of this Program>>> Click Here
LLP004 E-Portfolio: Develop Your Online Career Presence
E-Portfolio websites are a highly effective tool for students to apply for jobs and internships. Most potential employers do not have the time to review stacks of applications which include items such as DVDs and printed thesis papers. Read more below...
Certificate Available | .3 CEUs
E-Portfolio websites are a highly effective tool for students to apply for jobs and internships. Most potential employers do not have the time to review stacks of applications, which include items such as DVDs and printed thesis papers.
E-Portfolio sites can be used to feature academic and professional accomplishments ranging from videos, to graphics, to animations and academic papers. Within a few minutes potential employers will be able to assess your accomplishments and digital literacy.
In this creative, hands-on workshop learn how to create an e-Portfolio Website using WordPress and Adobe Photoshop.
Undergraduate and graduate students, faculty members, recently graduated alumni.
Individual Course: .3 CEUs
This workshop is designed to help participants:
- Understand the purpose and function of e-Portfolio websites for job and internship applications
- Know the basics of purchasing domain names and web hosting essentials for any website development.
- Learn necessary design and planning skills for e-Portfolio sites.
- Integrate SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for optimal Internet exposure.
- Learn how to setup and design a WordPress site.
- Receive introductory level training on how to use Adobe PhotoShop
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Compete effectively for jobs and internships
- Show prospective employers the depth of their skills and competencies
- Utilize their knowledge to create a marketable resume
Individual Course: $29
Regent University Communications and the Arts Building Room 154 (Computer Lab)
- E-Portfolio: Develop Your Online Career Presence | April 10, 2014
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Discover the Regent Difference:
This workshop takes into account the digitalization of the workplace when enabling students from all different majors to set up a personal e-Portfolio. Unlike traditional portfolio-building courses, this class combines branding and marketing principles with digital competences to ensure that students are fully prepared to compete in the job market.
Dr. Markus Pfeiffer teaches both journalism and digital media communication at Regent University. He specializes in Internet technologies, and their integration into the field of journalism and strategic communication. Dr. Pfeiffer teaches basic and advanced web development courses, and online marketing classes. He has more than 12 years of professional and academic experience and his research area is Digital Media. Dr. Pfeiffer is also the owner and president of a successful Internet communication and web development company, which serves national and international clients. This allows him to introduce industry leading practices into his teaching and research areas.